Friday, April 2, 2010

Queen Ellie

Happy Good Friday to you all! I know we are all thankful for the darkest day in history so that the best day could be made possible. Thank you God for your unimaginable gift.

In other news, I thought I'd just share some fun pictures with you this evening. My cat cracks me up. I have had her for almost six years now, and for those of you who have pets yourself, you know how they become part of the family. Things that other people might think are crazy don't even make you blink. At the risk of adding to the number of people who think I'm crazy, here is the zaniness that is my cat.

Ellie loves people and loves being close to people. At night, she doesn't just sleep at the foot of the bed or lay nicely beside you. She likes to sleep on a pillow. Preferably yours. Curled around your head. Sometimes eating your hair. This is not conducive to a good night's sleep. And trust me, I have pushed her off repeatedly and tried all sorts of things to no avail. I would lock her out of my room but I'm afraid she would meow loudly, at which point my roommate might follow through on her threat to punt her over the balcony.

So....how is this problem solved? By giving Ellie her very own pillow! She is so happy to have it. She sleeps on it at night. She sleeps on it during the day. She sits on it when she is feeling queenly, which is quite often. Here are some pictures to prove this...



Yes, I may have issues, but at least I am sleeping better at night! And now that the weather is nicer and we have had the windows open, Ellie is also spending time on her perch. She is a fan of the Florida breeze...

Speaking of nice weather, we are having temps in the low 80's, and it is absolutely awesome outside. Everything is in full bloom, which is beautiful, but allergy inducing as well. My head does not like whatever is creating pollen right now, but at least there are lovely things to look at. This is a picture from downtown Orlando that I took the other day. I have never seen bright yellow flowers on trees like this before, but they are everywhere and quite pretty!

Well, I must go for now but I hope you enjoyed seeing some fun pictures. More to come soon. Next weekend is a big weekend with a lot of interviews at the seminary I have applied to. I also have some other pictures to share with you from Massachusetts. For now, I must go watch the Braves spring training game. Can't wait for opening day!! Have a great weekend, and Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Glenda said...

LOL :)

I love Queen Ellie!

Smart solution!

Happy Easter!
Hugs, Glenda