Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Wedding Weekend

It's been a crazy 5 days or so! On Thursday, I flew home to GA to get ready for a wedding of a friend of mine. She had asked me to do her flowers for the wedding, so I needed the extra time to be prepared. It was lovely to be in GA. Spring has arrived there, and there were leaves on the trees, grass was green, flowers were in bloom.

Just to contrast this, here is what my trees look like here....

I am starting to see a few buds on trees though, and some tulips are pushing up through the ground and should be in bloom soon.

Anyway, back to the wedding. The bride is a HUGE UGA fan, and the groom is just as big of an Auburn fan. So all things bride had to be red flowers and all things groom had to be orange. Made for an interesting task for me, but it was fun. Here are a few pictures of the flowers.


The wedding was held at UGA, and my Mom and I had some fun taking pictures on the beautiful campus. Here are a few of us, as well as one with the bride.




Now, I'm back in the Great White North, where I am living the old saying, "April showers bring May flowers". It has rained a ton this month, and I'm looking forward to the flowers this rain will bring!

My parents are in GA this week packing up their house, as it has sold. We are thankful for that gift, but it was very odd to know I was spending my last night in that house. Please pray for them as they come to mind, and continue praying for me as I continue walking this path of healing and wholeness. More to come soon. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Good morning! Just checking in to say hello! It was fun spending the weekend together, although it now seems like ages ago!! I'm glad you got to be at the house one last time - it's very strange to know we're in the last few days we'll ever be in it. Sad.....

Have a great week and I hope the sun stays out for you and the great white north starts becoming green! Love you!