Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Greetings! So I have some exciting and cool news to share with you regarding grad school and decisions and plans made.... BUT you will have to check back for that blog in the next couple of days. Because today, my blog is dedicated to my fabulous brother Matthew who turns 30 today!

I know I'm 32, but I don't really feel "old" until I start thinking about the fact that I now have a brother in his 30's as well. That's crazy to me! It seems like only yesterday that we were kids, playing together all of the time, having a blast and enjoying life together. In some ways we haven't changed, and in others, we're all totally different. Take a look at the physical difference... :)




Hahaha....I have always loved being a big sister. I adored my brothers when we were kids, I have been thankful for their protection and care as they looked out for me, and I love that we are friends as adults.

And so brother Matthew, on this May 20, 2010, let me be the first to welcome you to the 30's club! I am excited to see what your 30's will hold for you. You will be starting your own family, and I can't wait to be an active participant in your lives as God continues writing your story. I can't wait to see you be a dad and watch you love your family well. I look forward to being Aunt Midge. :) You are an amazing man, and I am so proud of you and all you have done and accomplished in your life. But mostly I'm proud of who you are. You are a man of integrity, honor, and dignity. You love well and tenderly. You see others and their hurts, and it makes you hurt. You are a gifted coach who knows how to bring out the best in kids without beating them up. You are a great brother! And I am honored and thankful to be your big sister.

Happy 30th! May this next year be your best yet, and may God's richest blessings pour out on you this year and in the years to come. I love you!

2 comments:

Lindsay Perkins said...

I almost started crying!! I wish you were here to go to dinner with us tonight! But we will see you soon!!

Jill said...

If you feel old, I'm a little scared to ask what that makes me. :) Great tribute to Matthew and I agree with Lindsay - we will miss the rest of you this weekend but we'll just have to celebrate when we're all together next weekend. Love you!