Monday, October 31, 2011

Oil In The Eye!

So today was an interesting day. I was at work, helping make the chicken so we could open and serve our lovely guests. The regular filets were finished cooking, and I was opening the deep fryer to remove them when some hot oil popped up and hit me directly in my right eye. This is not something I would suggest you try. :) I was able to go have my eye checked, and it turns out that there was damage done to the surface of my eye, but the damage is just surface level and it wasn't too bad. I have some antibiotic drops to put in it and will follow up with an ophthalmologist to make sure everything is fine, but it appears that it will all be okay. It was kind of a crazy day, but I'm thankful everything turned out how it did. I know it could have been much worse. My eye is sore now and feels kind of tight, like how your skin feels if it gets burned, but it's not too bad.

Since today is Halloween, I shall post a picture of me in my favorite Halloween costume. Someday I will wear this again! :) I might actually go put it on now and trick-or-treat at my own apartment. I'm sure Nikki won't mind!! Hope you all have a good week this week - can't believe November starts tomorrow!!

No comments: