Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Christmas Preview

Hi everybody! Time for another bloggy update. I really do have grand plans to update my blog more than once a week, and maybe someday that will actually happen again. Hopefully there will be more to share soon. My family arrives two weeks from today and I am SO EXCITED to see them all!!! There will be many fun pictures from that to share....

Anyway, I thought I'd fill you in on a little of the Christmas joy I am experiencing. Since Nikki and I are singing in the Trees, we have been rehearsing Christmas music since the beginning of September. That is a very long time, and so I have been in the mood for Christmas earlier than normal. So you can imagine my delight when we went to Disney the other day and it was already decorated for Christmas! I plan on getting better pictures, but here are just a couple for you to get a glimpse.


It was beautiful! And they also have Christmas music playing all throughout the park. :) LIke I said more pictures to come at a later date, but this post is all about previews.

Hopefully later this week I will have a preview of the trees that we will be in for our performances to share with you. I just have to remember to bring my camera to rehearsal. They have been working on building the set for a couple of weeks now, and both trees are up on the stage and look amazing. I'm looking forward to finally getting to perform! More certainly to come on all of that very soon.

In other Christmas previews, here is a picture of Ellie that will give you a glimpse of what will be happening with her this holiday season. Definitely more and better pictures, but for now a smile from my cat....

Finally, in news not related to Christmas, at my temp job today I was told they didn't need me again this week until Friday. Then beginning next week, they only want me to come in 2 days a week. I'm just so fabulous that I got them all caught up and they don't need me anymore. :) I knew this would eventually happen but wasn't expecting it now. I don't know what I will do or how I will pay the bills or eat, so if you would join me in praying for a full time job with benefits in an area where there are few of those, I would really appreciate it. I know God is sufficient and He has promised to take care of me, but it is still hard to not worry. So a job would be great. Or sponsors. Or investors so I can start a photography/creative design business. :)

In my small group last night, we watched a movie clip that had this quote: "When the storm comes, some will drown in terror. Others will spread their wings and soar." These last few years have been tough. This year has been a challenging one to navigate. But as uncertainty remains the theme in my life for now, it is my prayer that with Christ as my foundation, I won't drown in the terror that comes with the unknown. Instead may I soar - which to be honest is the far more frightening option! - into the uncertainty with trust and joy and peace, reflecting the hope that comes from Christ alone. And as we all begin the journey into the holiday season, let's remember how much we have to celebrate. Merry Christmas! :)

3 comments:

Glenda said...

"They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint. Teach me Lord, teach me Lord to wait."

It's my prayer that the Lord will help you soar above the terror of the unknown as the eagles soar. I hate dealing with the unknown and battle terror whenever it appears in my life.

I can say God IS faithful, and I'm ever thankful He loves us through all the struggles we face.

Matthew 6:25-34 is such a comfort to me always. I pray God will comfort you and reassure you of His provision.

I wish I could see you sing in the trees! Love you Tiffany, Glenda

Jill said...

I'm very excited that I'm coming to see you and that we all get to be together for Thanksgiving! I feel bad for sending Ellie her Santa hat if you're going to torture her with it. :) But it did make me laugh out loud!

I can't wait to see what God has for you next. Maybe your own business??

Leanne and Mike said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better. I will send positive vibes your way in the hopes that you will find a great job soon!