Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mickey's Christmas Party

Last night I had the privilege of going to the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It was AWESOME!!!! We had such a great time, and it was so magical that you couldn't help but smile the entire night. In an unfortunate turn of events, my camera stopped working, so all of the pictures in this post are courtesy of my most fabulous and talented roommate who is sharing her photos with me so I can show you what we got to experience. Here is a picture (or many pictures!) of our evening....

When we arrived at the Magic Kingdom, it was just starting to get dark. They close the park early and only people who are attending the party are allowed to stay, so it wasn't crowded at all. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes to ride anything. Right before 7, they turned the Christmas lights on the castle on, and it was awesome! Cinderella made a wish, and her fairy godmother turned them all on. Here is the castle decked out in icicle lights...

And just because it was so pretty, here are some other pictures of the castle that we got!





Another really cool part about the Christmas party is that it snows on Main Street! It was so amazing! We had a blast standing in it and trying to take pictures. Here are a few pictures from Main Street, one showing the snow. There is also one of a quartet who were singing Christmas carols - they were great!



They had a special firework show set to holiday music, which was fun. They also had posts set up throughout the park where you could get free hot chocolate and Christmas cookies. Because it wasn't crowded, Nikki and I got to ride Dumbo. It's one of the most popular rides there, and the lines are always so long. It was really fun! Here are a couple of pictures from our ride.


Towards the end of the night, they had a Christmas parade, and that was a lot of fun to watch. Here are some fun pictures from the parade!







As we walked throughout the park, Christmas music was playing in all of the speakers. It was such a jolly night! We had a blast, and as we left, we stopped for one more round of hot chocolate. I love Piglet and couldn't resist taking a picture with this one...

I would highly recommend this event to anyone wanting to come to Disney! I had such a great time and am glad I got to have the experience. Now I must go get a few things done in preparation for my family arriving in just a few days!!!! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Glenda said...

I love it when you share Disney with us all....I've never been so I feel like I get to experience it every time you post photos and all. The Christmas party sure looked fun. Yea!

I'm so happy you will be with your family this next week. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs, Glenda

Jill said...

I love all the Disney Christmas smiles and can't wait to see them next week! I'll see you in TWO days!!! :)

Jenny said...

I can't wait to see it in person in a few weeks;) I will call you soon:) Much Love, Jenny