Monday, January 18, 2010

Weddings And More

Greetings from finally warm again Sunshine State! For a couple of weeks, I feared that the Great White North had followed me here, as we went through an extremely cold time. I never thought I'd actually need my puffy in Florida, but I did! Now, we are back in the low 70's, with lots of sunshine, and I am enjoying every minute of it. I love being able to wear flip flops pretty much year round!!

Anyway, updates on life.... As most of you probably know by now, Matthew asked Lindsay to marry him on Saturday, and she said yes! So we will be adding two new members to our family this year - Bekah in March, and Lindsay in June! We are all very excited, and it should be a fun time over these upcoming months. I for one am so proud of Matthew and the person he has developed into, and I am excited to watch him enter into this next season of life. I took pictures for them as a Christmas gift, but I suppose we'll have to take a few engagement pics the next time I am in town! For now, here is the happy couple!

In a recent counseling session I had, my homework assignment was to come the next week with my definition of trust and of love. Have you ever thought about that? How would you define love? Or trust? Not in a textbook way or reciting what the Bible says or using typical cliches, but how would you personally describe it? It's a lot harder than you might think to put into words - or at least it was for me. I challenge you to think about it though and see what you come up with. After thinking about it for quite some time, I ended up compromising. I see the world in pictures, and when I thought of the two words, specific images came to mind. So I ended up combining pictures and words to give a more complete definition of each word, at least for me. Here are two of the pictures I used. Which one do you think was for trust and which one for love? :)


Things are going pretty well here. I am in the interview process for a position with Chick-fil-a that would allow me to be a contract employee for them and work from here. I just submitted my official application last night, so we'll see what happens. Something has to change very soon though, as I am only working around 20 hours a week with my current temp position. I'll certainly keep you all posted!

My birthday is coming up in 3 weeks, and I am very excited to celebrate! I am looking forward to this next year of life and excited to see what God has in store. I have recently been reminded of the importance of choosing life in each moment that we face. No matter what our circumstances look like, we have the ability to choose life or death. I'm ready to choose life. :)

I will try to be a more frequent poster of blogs, but thank you for your continued prayers. Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

E said...

Wow...I didn't even know Matthew had a girlfriend! I am excited for both of your brothers. :)

I am excited to see what God has in store for you as well. Hugs to you!

Jill said...

You are going to keep the warm weather around for your birthday, aren't you? :) Yes, it's been quite busy in our family lately, hasn't it? God is at work always and I can't wait to see what He has for you this year. A job would be a good start, yes? I love you and will be seeing you very soon!