Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gators

I know, I know. I'm a horrible blogger! I apologize because I know that by not blogging, you are less apt to read my blog, assuming nothing new is there. I have decided there are a couple of reasons for my lack of blogging. One reason is that I don't have tons of pictures right now to share with you. I used to blog a lot because I took a lot of pictures and wanted to post them. I don't like posting many blogs that are just words, so there are fewer now. I'll try to get better about taking pictures! Another reason that I haven't blogged much is because sometimes you just don't have a lot to say. For those of you who know me well, I know that is a shocker. :) But I am processing through so much in life right now that I don't know how to get it on paper. I will someday though, and I'm sure you'll be waiting with anticipation for that day. :)

For now, I thought I'd share a little fun story for the few of you who might still be reading. I live in Florida now, and there are many gators here. If there is a pond around, you can pretty much guarantee that there will be a gator living somewhere in it. We have several of these ponds in our apartment complex where we live. Nikki and I have now seen 4 gators in different ponds around here. So far, they are babies - cute and (we hope) relatively harmless. They appear something like this...

They might actually be a little bigger than that, but so I don't have nightmares, let's pretend they are always this cute and tiny. Here is another picture of the alligator that lives in the pond behind my balcony.

You have to look closely, but you should be able to pick him out in the grass by the water. This is Alan the alligator. Yes, we named them all. :) The other gators in our complex live in different ponds. We named one Samson and one Oscar. Today, we were driving home from church, and we passed Samson's pond. It was a lovely sunny day, so he was out sunning himself on the grass. And next to him was another gator! He has a friend!! So of course we named that one Delilah. :) Yes, we have issues, but at least we live a jolly life!!

I hope you have enjoyed my gator story. As a reminder, always run in a zigzag pattern if chased by a gator - he can't catch you that way. Here's hoping our gators stay tiny and don't chase anyone. Although if they want to eat the dogs that live below us, I won't mind.

This week we are counting down to Michael and Bekah's wedding!! Only six days to go! I am super excited, and I know they are too. I am heading up to Boston on Wednesday, so there will be many posts to come because I will be taking many pictures! Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Glenda said...

You made me laugh just thinking about running zig zag from the gators....and of course your hilarious comment about the dogs downstairs!

I hope you have a wonderful time at Michael's wedding and I look forward to your photos!

Love you Tiffany!
Hugs, Glenda

Jill said...

Thanks for introducing us to your gator friends. Can't wait to see you on Wednesday!