Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Best Pa

So today is Father's Day, and I'd like to take a moment to honor my dad here on my blog. I know there are a lot of people in this world who don't have great relationships with their dad, and I am so thankful and blessed that I do. My dad is a great man and has had a huge impact in the world God has placed him in, but I am most thankful for who he has been in my family. Since we are all spread out in various states and can't all be together today, we had a gift for the Pa and sent notes to him. Below is my note.... Happy Father's Day to all of you!

Dear Pa,

Happy Father’s Day! I hope that you have a great day of being celebrated and that you feel as special as you are! I wish that I could be there with you to spend the day with you, but since I can’t, I wanted to take a moment and wish you a fantastic day.

I’ve always thought you were the best dad ever, but the older I get, I appreciate you even more. As I have spent this past year looking for jobs and doing whatever I had to do to survive, I have gained a greater appreciation for the way you commuted to Atlanta for so many years, dealing with traffic and so much time on the road just so you could provide for your family. I’m happy for you that you don’t have to do that anymore! But thank you for taking care of us in so many big and little ways.

I also am thankful for the way your character has remained consistent throughout the years. You know who you are and what you believe, and you have stayed faithful to that. You have stood by God, by mom, and by us, and the integrity and honor that you live your life by is not something that is taken lightly. Thank you for being a true man of God and for showing Jesus to me.

Finally, thank you for the way that you support and encourage me and for challenging me to go after my dreams. Knowing that I have you in my corner helps give me courage to step out and take risks and try something new. I’m so excited to see what this next year holds for all of us, and it makes me smile to know that we’ll all share the journey together, no matter how far apart we may live.

Thanks for being you, Pa! You are my favorite dad ever!! ☺ Enjoy your Father’s Day and remember how much you are loved by so many.

I love you,
Tiffy Jones

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Every girl should be loved so beautifully by their daddy...