Friday, June 4, 2010

A Visit To GA

Greetings to the faithful readers of my blog! :) I am sitting on my couch writing this blog before I have to head to work at 4. I have worked a ton of hours in the past few days and I am so tired! But I am thankful for the opportunity to work and be able to pay some bills. That is always a good thing!

So last weekend I got to spend a few days in Georgia, hanging out with some of my favorite people ever. Michael and Bekah had their GA reception, and it was so much fun to be a part of! With all of us living in different states, I find that I enjoy having the chance to spend time with my family even more, especially when we all have opportunity to be together at the same time. The reception was a great chance to catch up with a lot of family and friends - it was very nice to see all of you! :)

At one point I was looking around the room at the people who had gathered and I realized how many of you I have known for most of my life. I know people move around a lot more now and so I think lifelong friends are perhaps harder to come by. But I was quite thankful to see how many people have been a part of my life and my family's life for so many years. You guys have stuck by us through great times and tough times, and I personally am so thankful for your encouragement and prayers and the ways you have walked with me through this journey of the last few years.

And now some pictures from the weekend....I don't have a ton to share because I was so busy talking (shocking, I know!) that I didn't get a lot of pictures of those of you who came. I apologize for that, but know that we loved having each one of you there! Here is our new family (with some random child on the stairs!)...

Bekah's parents flew down for the reception, and it was great to see them again. My brother got very lucky with some fantastic in-laws!!

Jenn happened to be passing through town and was able to stop by with her cute girl. Yay for friends who met in GA, now live close by in Florida AND happen to be 3rd cousins!!


A few of those lifelong friends....thanks for all of your help! :)

Close friends of Michael's from high school/college...

After the reception for Michael & Bekah, we had a family cookout to celebrate Matthew's 30th birthday and to celebrate my parents' 34th wedding anniversary, which happened to be on that day. It was fun to have a relaxing evening enjoying hamburgers and hotdogs and celebrating. This is a picture after Matthew had just extinguished the candles on his cake.

Finally, in a perfect ending to a great weekend, we got to go to the Braves game on Sunday. I was so excited! It's been awhile since I've been to a Braves game, and even though I got to experience the awesomeness of Fenway Park on a regular basis while living in Boston, let's face it....I'm a psycho Braves fan through and through! (And on a side note, let's have a moment of silence for the fact that we are in first place by 3 games at the moment!!!!)

Here I am before the game. And yes, I added curls to my hair while in GA. I decided that if I am going to live in the FL heat and humidity and have to wear my hair up all the time for the Chick, I'm going to have a little fun with it. I think curly hair fits my personality too. :)

Here are my cute parents.

I don't think we have yet converted Bekah to being a baseball fan. She was still a good sport though!

Me and my favorite Pa

After the game, we went to the Varsity for some delicious food!

Here is Bekah experiencing her first Varsity food and Lindsay trying to eat healthy at a place known for grease.


So all in all, a most fantastic weekend! Thanks again to all of you for being a part of the celebration and for loving our family well. More to come soon! In the meantime, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

love it! So glad we got to catch up with you all. Love you Jones family. You all are so precious! :)

Leanne and Mike said...

Hey Tiff - Your hair looks super cute! Sounds like you are in a very happy and peaceful place. Congrats on your grad school plans!! Yay for continuing to learn and grow!

I got some news yesterday. :) When you have a chance, check out our blog. Be well and enjoy your new full time job!