Monday, August 23, 2010

Starting School

Greetings to all the readers of my blog, however few of you there may now be! :) I have done a horrible job updating my blog this summer, mostly because I haven't had a lot of time. I've thought about discontinuing my blog, but I really do enjoy creating entries, and I like having a record of life from these past few years. So for now, the blog continues, and we'll see how it goes!

I'm sitting at my desk in my room - I have a desk! :) - while my cat snoozes on my bed. I am surrounded by a couple of piles of books. I have received all of my books for my classes for this upcoming semester, and I have also just gotten the syllabus for the first two classes I will be taking. One of my classes will last for the entire semester, and then the other class will last the first 8 weeks of the semester, and then my third class will be the second 8 weeks of the semester. It's gonna be a little crazy, folks. I'm pretty much just strapping on my seatbelt, taking a deep breath, and holding on for dear life! I had a moment of panic last week when I received my syllabus for the first 8 week class. I was less panicked when I received the other one today. I have to be honest - I have NO IDEA how in the world I am going to get all of the work done while working 45 hours a week, but I figure I'll just take everything one moment at a time and hope it all gets finished on time.

I've been debating back and forth all summer on whether or not to send out support letters to try to raise some funds to help with living expenses and school costs as I begin this adventure. I'm not one that likes to ask for help, especially monetarily, but the bottom line is that I can't do this without help, so I'm asking. I'm in the process of sending out the letters this week. I will be sending them to those family and friends I think wouldn't mind receiving one. But I also wanted those of you who read my blog to have the option of receiving a letter if you'd like to. Even if you aren't able to financially contribute, if you want to know the information and be willing to pray for me, feel free to email me and I'll make sure you get a letter. My email address is [tj2301@yahoo.com]. I would just post the letter here on my blog, but it contains information that I don't want on the internet, so if you want to make sure you receive one, shoot me an email with your address!

Thanks in advance for your prayers as I begin this next adventure. I am confident that I am where I am supposed to be and that God is guiding my path, but it's also a little overwhelming at the same time. I haven't been in school in ten years, so I'm hopeful I'll remember how to study! :) And I'm also asking for prayer for wisdom as I try to balance my schedule between work, school, and doing a few fun things now and then to stay sane. I am super excited to begin this, and as I see the books I'll be reading and the topics that I'll be learning about, I can't wait to see how God continues to shape and grow me as He prepares me for what lies ahead.

I'll do my very best to post updates on how things are going and what I am learning. Thanks for reading my blog and for all of your encouragement and support! Have a great week!

4 comments:

E said...

We will be praying for you. I am proud of you, Tiffany.

Katie said...

Good Luck, Tiffany! Would love to know more about your new adventure.

I have now joined you in the blogging world - check out my blog if you get a second:
http://addingtonmom.blogspot.com

Hope you are doing well - I miss seeing you!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I still read your blog :) I am really excited for you and your new adventure called SCHOOL! Altho I'm unfortunately not in a position to help financially, I will gladly keep you in my prayers!! You have the right idea - to take it one day at a time, and to try to keep a balance of work, FUN, and school so that you're not all work and no play ;) (because, like you said, the FUN part will keep you sane!) I'm sure B, E, G, and R wish you the best of luck, too! ;)

Jill said...

Yay for starting school and new adventures! Can't wait to see what God has for you in this next part of your journey! I love you!