Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An Update From Me :)

So I should be working on my 20 page paper that is due next week. But my brain is mushy at the moment, and so I am taking a break to write a blog instead. Here are my random tidbits for now....

*I stopped by Five Guys on my way home tonight because I was craving beef and am currently eating a delicious cheeseburger. Let's face it, a girl can only eat chicken for so long before the very thought of chicken makes you want to gag. No offense to my fabulous employer of course...

*I turned in my first graduate school paper last night! I was quite proud of that, I must admit. It's been a lot of years since I wrote papers, so it was cool to get that first one handed in. I have another paper due Tuesday that is already written, and then I have this 20 page paper due next Thursday. It's about worldview and spiritual disciplines and counseling and what we've talked about in class. This is part of the reason for my brain mushiness - it's not an easy paper to write, but it's also a fun challenge. After that paper is done, I have another paper and a project due the following week. But this should be the hardest one to write.

*Another reason for my brain mush is that I went to counseling this afternoon. My counselor is awesome - I love her! But sometimes I feel like I need counseling after counseling so that I can process what I just processed. Hahaha...try to figure that one out! Perhaps I'll just stop thinking for a bit and eat some chocolate. :)

*My Braves made the playoffs!! This is cause for much celebration and rejoicing!!!! I mean, in the grand scheme of life I realize that there are far more important things happening in the world than baseball. But I think it's okay to love it. I think God might be a fan Himself. And can you imagine the baseball games we could have in heaven??? Seriously though, I'm excited about the playoffs beginning tomorrow night. I love my team. I think they have a great story. It's cool that they're sending their manager out on a winning note. We might get killed in the playoffs, but it's still been a fun year. And I love this picture from the other night when they clinched...

*My cat is insane. She makes me smile. I caught her saying her nightly prayers the other night before she went to sleep. I wonder what she was praying for?? :)

*Finally, I shall close my blog with a picture I took on my last visit to the Great White North as a shout-out to all my Boston peeps. I miss you guys! And I miss the glorious scenery from the fall. The weather is finally starting to cool off here, and it's awesome outside right now.

Have a great week everyone! I'm off to work on my paper some more....and to eat some of that chocolate! :)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds like things are going well and you've got all the bases covered - chocolate, baseball, smiley kitties, a good hamburger, and of course school. :) We're so proud of you! Have a great rest of the week!

E said...

Eat some chocolate for me, too!

Leanne and Mike said...

Go Tiff! I am rooting for you and your Braves!