Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm Cold

Hi everybody! Greetings from the frigid north, where temps have not risen out of the 30's for a week now. Windchills have been down to about 11 or so pretty consistently. But no worries - it's supposed to be in the 40's this week, which will be practically warm!!

Lots of interesting stuff happening here lately. To begin with, I now have my own office at work!! We have expanded into the offices next to us, so I am able to have an office now. It's lovely - it has a window, which is a huge blessing. Since it gets dark here at 4 and is pitch black by 4:30 or so, it'll be nice to see the sun while it's out AND I can watch the snow fall when it does! I painted my office over the weekend - a fabulous light sage green color that is very neutral but gives it some color. I'll take some pictures and post them soon for you to see. Tomorrow I have to set my desk up and then start thinking about what to put on my walls. I love having a space to make my own!

This week is Thanksgiving of course, and I hope that you all enjoy it very much. I will miss not being there with family and seeing friends. It's interesting how weird it is to spend holidays away from your family. But, we have some friends at church who have invited us to have Thanksgiving with them. There will be 12 of us, all who go to church together, and it should be really fun. I'm excited that we'll be able to enjoy the day with other people. Last year we didn't know anyone, and it was really sad to just be on our own. Even though I'll greatly miss spending the day with my family, these folks are my family here, and it will help make the day special.

I am very much looking forward to this week and having a few days off. I plan to get a few things done, enjoy resting and relaxing, and have some fun hanging out with some friends. I'll post stuff and hopefully get you more caught up on life here.

For now, I am going to go to bed, where my electric blanket has been warming my bed for me. When I get in bed at night, I am SOOOO thankful for the person who invented the electric blanket - I thank God for them often. :) And now I shall leave you with a picture of me and brother - maybe not the best picture ever, but this post needs a picture. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Jill said...

That's a cute picture - Michael looks very dapper in his hat.

You win for living in the coldest place but even here it's been colder than normal. I picked this week for your first snow so we'll see what happens.

It's hard to not have you here for us too, but I'm so thankful God has given you a church family who loves you and is there for you. Plus you're helping some Canadians appreciate our American Thanksgiving a little more.

Have fun getting settled in your new office and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

I miss you and Michael and am excited we'll be together soon. Love you! Mom