Sunday, January 25, 2009

Better Late Than Never!

Hi everybody! As promised multiple times, here are some pictures from my time in Georgia over the holidays. As I was looking at pictures to post, I realized my mom had most of the extended family pictures on her camera, so I couldn't post those on my blog. She put a bunch of them on her blog though, so if you wish to check them out, feel free to do so here.

While I was home, I was able to take a trip to Greenville, SC and was able to see a couple of my favorite people from my college days, my professor/percussion teacher/advisor/mentor, and a wonderful woman I had the privilege of working with in the Admissions Office. It was so wonderful to see you both! Thanks for making time to allow us to catch up.


We were able to spend Christmas Eve with the Freeman family, as has been our custom for many years. Here is Auntie K with my mom, showing off the scarf my mom knitted for her for Christmas.

This is one of my favorite pictures of my parents, taken on Christmas Eve as well.

I was able to visit with one of my closest friends from high school who had recently had her second baby. It was awesome to see you Jenny - I miss you guys so much!

I also spent tons of time with my "sister", and it was great to reconnect and catch up.

We had a great time having most of my mom's family come visit - we played lots of wii and caught up. Here are the girls in the family - I'll try to get the other pictures from my mom of the rest of the fam!

So there are some of the pictures. I apologize for the lateness of them.... Here in the great white north, it is COLD! The windchills have been hovering close to or below zero, and I can tell how cold it has been because 30 degrees feels pretty warm now! We're supposed to get a big storm on Wednesday, so I'll keep you posted on that.

Much more to come on my blog, so keep reading! I hope that you have a great week!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Nice updates and pictures. It appears I'm leaving Baltimore right before a big snow hits the area too. Hang in there - we're heading south in about a week if you can get out of town!! :)

Have a good week! Love you, Mom

E said...

The time at home flew by, didn't it? But, God has provided a sense of peace this month as I have transitioned back into life here. Our church family is amazing.

I love seeing Jenny and Emsley on your blog. Thanks for that! It made me smile!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am a jealous face and a half that you got to go see Dr. Beckford. Way too cool. I keep hoping to get back to G'ville sometime soon to see him.