Friday, June 5, 2009

Introducing....

So for those of you who are my faithful blog readers, I figure I've kept you in suspense long enough from the end of my last post. And as chapters end and begin and the adventure continues moving forward, I would like to tell you about an amazing way that God has blessed my life in the last 6 weeks.

It all started randomly enough, as these sorts of things usually do. Since I began going to my church here, I have been pretty heavily involved with the worship team, which I have really enjoyed. (And, as a side note, I am seriously going to miss all of those people!) Anyway, I run the sound sometimes on Sunday mornings, and we had made the announcement that we needed more sound people to help fill out the team. So on this particular Thursday, a new person was supposed to show up to rehearsal so that I could help train them to run the sound for the upcoming Sunday.

As circumstances would have it, the guy that showed up to be "trained" knows far more about sound than I do, so there wasn't much I could show him. Plus, we had a really small team that week, and so instead of them using the equipment for us to practice running sound, they all gathered around the piano and rehearsed that way. Being the good southern girl that I am, when all else fails, begin conversation! Ask questions, get to know a person, try to pass the time since clearly no sound training is going to happen.....and in this process, we had a really nice conversation.

This guy is also an amazing photographer, and through conversation it was discovered that we both had plans to head to Boston that weekend to take pictures, so we ended up going together and had a fantastic time. And as time went on, we continued "hanging out" and getting to know each other, and almost before I realized it, six weeks have passed!

As you all know, it's been a long journey over the last 2 1/2 years of life. This is the first guy that I have hung out with since Jeff. And I'm not gonna lie - it's been A LOT harder than I thought it would be! I think I knew it would be difficult, but I didn't realize how difficult or the areas in which I would struggle. Through it all though, God has been faithful, and the healing process continues. And one of the ways He has been faithful is through this guy. These last 6 weeks have not been the easiest - I went through detox, I have had moments of freaking out, I ended my job, I found out some really disturbing news, and through it all, this guy hasn't been scared off by me or by life. Instead, he has spoken truth, he has been an encouragement to me, he has been consistent, he has been honest, he has laughed....in short, he has been Jesus to me. And no matter what happens, that has blessed my life and helped be a source of healing.

So without further ado, let me introduce to you.....a guy named Steve!

Cute, huh? :) And folks, be careful if you leave comments - he reads my blog too!! :)

Anyway, I have no idea what God has in store. I'm leaving soon to move to Orlando. He is leaving in August to go to Israel for a semester. Time and distance don't scare me at this point because I think it's a good thing in this journey of healing for things to move slowly. For now, we plan to stay in touch and continue getting to know each other. God will take care of the rest. In the meantime, I plan to enjoy every step along the way. I will certainly keep you posted and would ask for your prayers as we navigate through the upcoming weeks. There is never a dull moment in God's story, is there? And I don't think I'd have it any other way!!

8 comments:

. said...

I have to say - in this picture you look so perfect together! I'm happy for your heart Tiffany!

E said...

Oh he is a CUTIE! :) I am happy for you. :)

Montana & Aubrey said...

Yeah! Enjoy:)

Anonymous said...

Steve, if you are reading this, thank you for the part you are playing in making Tiffany "smile" again. I don't know what future plans God has in store for the two of you, either apart or together, but I do know that in this time and place you are exactly what she has needed. I love her like one of my own and you need to know that she has a village standing behind her. Knowing that hope you can't wait to meet us like we all want to meet you!!! Mrs. Mommy

Jill said...

How nice to get to meet Steve this way...and we'll get to in person in a little over a week. :) I love how God knows exactly what we need and exactly when we need it. Beginnings are much more fun than painful endings, aren't they?

Glenda said...

Jesus is continuing your story, and I rejoice to see you are receiving such beautiful love and encouragement in your life. I agree with your sweet mother, happy beginnings are much more fun than painful endings! God bless you Tiffany!

Steven said...

it's such an awesome name to have as well.

Anonymous said...

I loved your "official" introduction. Isn't it great how God brings special friends into our lives just at the right time? I hope you have a blast with the whole family this week!

Debbie W