Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just Keep Drivin'

Greetings! This blog is being written from a hotel room in Gastonia, NC, where Mum and I arrived this evening after deciding we could drive no more. In the last two days I have driven in the following states: Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, and North Carolina. Tomorrow we will finish up in North Carolina, hit South Carolina, and arrive at brother's house in Georgia where we will have a few days to be out of the car before driving down to Orlando. Whose idea was this again???

Anyway, things are going well so far. Ellie is behaving very well in the car, even though she is most definitely not happy to be in the car. She is surviving though and when we stop for the night, it takes her only a few moments to bounce back into her happy self. She is going to be so excited to have more than 400 square feet to run around in that I think she will forgive me for keeping her in a car for 28 or so hours. This is her right before we left when she was stressed about all that was happening. I'll post a new pic of her from Florida when she is relaxing in the sun.


I'm trying to use the driving time to start processing the fact that I am moving, but let's be honest - at this point, I hate driving, I hate the road, I hate being in a car, and I just want to arrive somewhere! I'm thinking that I might not process everything until I'm actually living in Florida and realize I'm not there just for a vacation.

God was good tonight though - we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner, and I was reminded of one of the reasons I love the south....fried okra. And on that note, I must go to bed. More driving to commence in the morning....and more posts to come soon!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Night, night! Sleep well and happy trails to you tomorrow! :)

E said...

Glad things are going well! :)

Oh, we FINALLY found a southern place here that sells FRIED OKRA and it was AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your trip is going well, and I'm glad you stopped last night instead of trying to make it all the way ;) When you had on FB about eating fried okra, I actually thought of Cracker Barrel... then, I read your blog tonight! lol My fam LOVES CB and we stop at them anytime and anywhere we can. There is actually one in NY on our way to the lake! (well, really, they're just all up and down I-81 it seems ;)) Happy travels the rest of the way!