Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday Wonderings

Greetings from the Great White North! As I just typed that sentence, I realized I won't be able to say that for much longer. I'll have to come up with a name for Florida once I am there! Anyway, it's been a little while since I gave a good update on my blog, so I thought I'd do that today. As a new chapter is on the verge of beginning, that means a chapter of life has to close, and it's been a time of reflection and insanity and everything in between these last few days.

First of all, I am done with work! My last day at my job was this past Friday. I will miss my coworkers dearly, but can I just say that it is awesome to have a bit of a break from working!!! This is day 3 of my "vacation", and I am loving every minute of it. My body is enjoying the break as well - slowly catching up on rest and continuing to recover from all it has been through these last months.

My coworkers were awesome and gave me a great send-off. For starters, we had a going away party where we went bowling. They made me wear blue hair and sunglasses in honor of moving to Florida. Not everyone was able to attend, but here are those of us who were there....

On Friday, we had ice cream cake, and then they gave me an awesome gift - a picture of Fenway Park, and they all signed the mat! It's a little hard to see in this picture, but you get the general idea.

Now that I am finished with work, I am trying to get stuff done that has needed to be done for awhile, enjoy the weather, hang out with some folks..... This weekend I am going to the Cape with my friend Jen, and we are going to go to Martha's Vineyard on Saturday. Pictures to come from that when I get back! Then on Monday, Michael and I are going to Baltimore to spend a week with the parents. That should be much fun and many pictures will also come from that adventure. Then I'll have one week left here to pack and get everything finished up before hitting the road for the south!

I'm hoping Ellie will be as cooperative on this trip down as she was on the drive up here. Here she is watching birds - she has no idea what is in store for her!

Here is Ellie on the final day of driving when we moved up here. Something tells me I may see this look again before this is all over!

I'm sure as time here continues to wind down, there will be reflections and such that I will post. I'll keep you updated on all of the happenings as a new adventure gets set to begin. And stay tuned - I might even share a post soon telling you about a special person God brought into my life about 6 weeks ago! :) Much love to you all....

5 comments:

Janet said...

I am so excited for you as you begin another adventure! Can't wait to see you when you come through town. Love to Michael!

Aunt Janet

Anonymous said...

eehhh hhhhhmmmm?? ;)

E said...

You BIG tease!

Jill said...

Ellie looks much fluffier now than she did two years ago. I think she will be very glad to live somewhere that has more than 400 square feet. Now to find that place... A job would be nice too, right? How fun to begin a new adventure...in two places! We're excited to get to hang out in the B cities together soon. Love you!

Glenda said...

Love you Tiffany!