Thursday, September 17, 2009

Disney In The "Fall"

So I did something today that is new for me - I went to the Magic Kingdom by myself!! :) It was actually fun, although slightly weird to be at Disney without anyone else. I only rode a couple of rides, but my purpose in going was to take some pictures of the fun fall/Halloween decorations that they have up. It's kind of funny to see these fallish decorations, as it was in the low 90's today, with horrible humidity, BUT....it is mid-September after all. So without further ado, here are lots of pictures that should make you want to come visit yourselves! There are such small crowds now - you don't have to wait long for anything.

Notice the Disney World train in this picture!




This is Main Street. My favorite ice cream parlor is in the picture on the left. They have the BEST ice cream!!! And yet, even with a season pass, I have not gotten any yet since I've been here. Maybe next time....

And now here is Main Street from the front, so you can see the castle in the background.

Speaking of the castle, they have already started putting lights on it for the Christmas season. They can only do these things at night after the park is closed - no one is allowed to see the transformation. On the day after Thanksgiving, the park will just magically be transformed to Christmas. If you look closely, you can see where they have started decorating the castle.

This is a random picture, but I love Piglet. Doesn't he look cute in the tree?

Now, these next pictures are for my friend Tessa. Tess - I thought you might want to see pictures of where Cinderella lives. This is her castle....you can see the front and side views.


Here is a picture of the entrance to the castle and what it looks like when you walk inside.


So there is Cinderella's home. And now for a picture of Cinderella and her prince!

And I also saw Belle today!

Mickey and Minnie even said to tell you hello!

So Tessa, I hope you enjoyed all of your pictures! I miss you! :)

As I left Disney today, this was the scene and the goodbye message for me. It made me smile. Have a great night!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm leaving you a comment so you'll know someone is reading your blog. :) I love all the pictures, but I think my favorite one is Piglet. He looks cute peeking out of the tree. It was amazing to actually be able to see Main Street - there weren't people all over it. It would be fun to come visit, but alas, I must wait until Thanksgiving. Have a good weekend and know that you're missed and loved lots!

Erin G said...

it scares me a little that THAT right there? THAT is not crowded? Yikes.

This is why Disney terrifies me to my core.

Here's hoping I can sell my kids on the cruise instead. :)

Jen said...

you are true royalty.