Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Odds And Ends

This shall be a random post about a few random things. I am waiting to hear about a job, so in order to pass the time, there are many things to do. The other day, Nikki and I (along with the visiting Ashley), went shopping for some nail polish. Here in the fabulous sunshine state, you can wear flip flops almost all year long, which I love. But that requires freshly painted nails, and we were in need of some new colors. We found a great deal - bottles for only $2, and I had a giftcard! Here is a picture of a new color - this is "Ruby Slippers", and in case you can't tell from the picture, there are red sparklies in the polish that make my toes look like Dorothy's ruby slippers. :)

While I am enjoying sunshine, in my home state of Georgia, there is much flooding going on. There have been all kinds of crazy stories, as some of the worst flooding has happened not far from where I grew up. Here is a picture that our next door neighbor took of the view of the road from our old subdivision...

Crazy, isn't it? Hopefully everything will clear up soon without much more damage.

Finally, what would killing time be if not torturing my cat with self portraits of us??? She gets so excited about this and loves me so much for taking pictures repeatedly. I will leave you with these joyful greetings from me and Ellie. Please pray that a job opens up soon, and we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hahahaha!! Ellie looks like she's really enjoying having her picture made with you. Still praying for a job - something will come along eventually. Meanwhile, it's very strange to see you tanned after living in the Great White North for two years. There are some benefits to unemployment, right?Happy first day of fall to your sun-kissed self. :) I love you and miss you!