Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fried Okra

I'm a southern girl through and through, and I LOVE fried okra. It is one of my very favorite southern foods. I missed eating it so much during my two years in the Great White North. Now that I am back in the south, I have had it a couple of times at Cracker Barrel or other such places, but I decided that I couldn't call myself a true southerner if I had never made it myself. They had some at the grocery store the other day, so I got some, hoping to have a successful attempt at cooking this fabulous food. I was so proud of myself that my first try came out so well. Here is picture proof!!

I will definitely be making this again! And I am excited that I have added this southern delicacy to my cooking repertoire.

In other news, I have a temp job! It should last for a few weeks, and while it might not be permanent, it's still a step in the right direction. I am working in an HR office, helping them with their recruitment, and I think I am going to enjoy it a lot. I worked half a day on Friday, but starting Monday, I'll be doing the 8 hour a day thing again for the first time in awhile. It'll be good to get in a bit of a routine. I'll keep you posted on all of the happenings. For now, have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jill said...

The okra looks great - better than any I've ever cooked! Well done! :)

Glenda said...

Yummo! I'm so proud of you for cooking that okra! I'd never tasted okra before moving to the south. It was not something we ever ate in Alaska. We were missing out on some yummy stuff!

I'm so happy you have work. Temp work can lead to permanent. I pray for more open doors for you.

Love you! Hugs, Glenda

Andrea said...

I'm glad to hear that you found work after patiently beating the streets.