Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Weekend!

Greetings from the warm and sunny south and happy weekend to you all! I am so thankful for the weekend to be here. It was a long and crazy - though good - week, and having a chance to rest is rather glorious. I am sitting here writing this blog still in my pj's, even though it's past noon. Ahh, gotta love it!

Anyway, I do apologize for the length of time between blog posts. I had such a great time in the Great White North and just didn't have time to post a blog from there or earlier this week, but we'll get caught up now....if anyone still reads my blog.... :)

I spent last weekend in the Great White North, getting to hang out with my brother and his fiance, catching up with old friends. And let me tell you, it was COLD!!!! From the time I got on the plane in Orlando to getting off the plane in Boston, there was a temperature drop of 50 degrees. Thankfully I took my puffy, so that helped keep me warm, but it was freezing. Most of the weekend was cloudy, gray and rainy, which helped me remember some of why I love living down here so much more. I think I am addicted to sunshine!!

On to the weekend....I was able to spend some time with my old co-workers, and that was really fun. It was great to see everybody and get caught up a bit. I was also able to spend time hanging out with some of my favorite people up there from the church, and it was awesome to just hang out and relax with friends. Most of all, I really enjoyed getting to spend time with Michael and Bekah. I have known Bekah for awhile, but I haven't spent time with her in the context of her being my soon-to-be sister-in-law. I also hadn't been around the two of them since they first started dating, and I enjoyed watching their interactions. I never thought I'd see my baby brother be smitten and lovey dovey with a girl, and it was so cute! :) They were kind enough to allow me to take some engagement pictures for them, so we all braved the freezing cold for a couple of hours to see what we could do. The following images are some of my favorite.





Michael and Bekah were kind enough to ask me to be a bridesmaid in the wedding, which I was very honored by. Brother Matthew will be a participant as well, as the best man, so it will be a fun family affair. I am truly excited to be a part of their lives and have a front row seat to the story God is writing for them.

Although it was super cold in the Great White North, one really cool thing happened. For those of you who have followed my blog for awhile, you know how God used snow in so many different ways to show me how much He loved me while I lived there. It has always been something that made my heart smile, as I think it to be one of God's most beautiful creations. While I am thankful for where God has me now and truly love living back in the south, there are certainly elements of living up north that I will miss. I mostly miss the people, but while I am thankful I won't have 5 months of winter, I confess I will miss seeing snow fall. And in a most gracious gift to me, early and somewhat out of season, on my last night in Boston, this happened...


It snowed for about 4 hours, and it was beautiful! I went out and stood in the street while it fell around me and even drove around for a bit. I considered it to be such a gift from God, and it was really cool.

I will try to update my blog again soon, as there are some awesome things going on that I'd like to share. For now though, I am going to go enjoy this day of relaxation before heading to a pumpkin carving party later tonight. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

E said...

Have a great weekend. You are a great photographer, and writer! :)

Glenda said...

Tiffany, I love reading your blog. Sharing your story is a constant reminder to me of God's grace. Love you...enjoy all that pretty sunshine!

Hugs, Glenda

Jill said...

Yes, we still read even though you wait a long time in between posts sometimes. :) I'm so excited you got to see the snow and think I will be jealous more than once when you are much warmer this winter than most of your family.

Hope your pumpkin carving party was fun! Love you lots!