Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Halloween?

Greetings! Today is October 28th. The high today in sunny Orlando? 91. Sorry for all of you who are already in the cold and gray weather. But it's hot here! I went to a pumpkin carving party on Saturday night. I purposely kept my pumpkin inside so that it wouldn't rot and put it outside only last night. This is what has happened to my poor sad pumpkin in one day in the Florida heat...

Isn't it so sad? I had created a cute little pirate pumpkin, complete with an eye patch. But alas, now he is rotting and full of mold and generally disgusting so he is going to be thrown in the trash before Halloween even gets here. I suppose that is the trade off for the warmth I am continuing to experience, although from what I'm told, this is abnormally warm right now.

Gotta run for now - Singing Christmas Tree practice calls. Hope your weeks are going well, and Ellie says hello! :)

4 comments:

Erin G said...

that pirate pumpkin was a seriously good idea though!!

Glenda said...

Poor pumpkin! He looks like I always feel when it's hot!

Hugs, Glenda

Jill said...

That is a seriously pathetic looking pumpkin. :) I guess there's a price to pay for 91 degrees and sunshine. Ask me if I feel sorry for you. Haha!!

Pat cute Ellie for me and tell her I'll get to see her soon. Have a good day! Love you lots!

Leanne and Mike said...

It was so great seeing you in the "Great White North". I wish that I could have spent more time with you, but I'm just happy that we were able to connect! The engagement photos are gorgeous. Sorry that your pirate pumpkin got heat rash. Ayyyy matey - have a Happy Halloween!