Thursday, October 8, 2009

Workin' Girl

Greetings from the HOT sunshine state! Yes, it's October 8th, and our highs this week are in the mid 90's! It's hard to believe that it is actually October because of that, but I must admit that I am still enjoying the sunny warmth. It's glorious! And when all of you who live in the north get tired of the cold, you can come visit me this winter. :)

So thankfully tomorrow is Friday! I am soooo tired. I had forgotten what it was like to work full-time for a whole week, but I am now remembering how tiring it is. My temp job is going very well, and I am really enjoying working at this company. I am working in the HR department of IBC/Merita bakeries. They make things such as bread and twinkies. The HR office is next to one of their bakeries, and it smells so fantastic whenever you're outside. And my car has a permanent coating of flour dust on it!! I'm not sure how long this job will last - right now they are hoping to keep me through the month of November, but I don't know if that will be the case or not - but I am thankful for the provision while I have it and will think about what to do next when the time comes!

In random updates on my life.... I got a haircut. Here is a picture my talented roommate took...

Nikki and I are singing in the First Baptist Orlando Singing Christmas Tree this year. We've been in rehearsals for about 6 weeks now, and I LOVE it!! I am having so much fun being part of a great choir. There are about 400 singers, so it's really cool and I think the shows are going to be awesome. And I can't wait to be in a Christmas tree! I'll be sure and get some pictures and tell you more about it when it gets closer. For now, here are a couple of pictures from a previous year. Because there are so many people, they have 2 trees. Here is a picture of them so you can see how the choir fits in and then a pictures with the trees lit up, when you can't see the singers at all.


Next weekend, I am going to the Great White North to visit brother and friends, and I can't wait! I decided to go for a long weekend so I can get a taste of fall. There promises to be many picture opportunities, and I will have much to share with you, so keep checking the blog for cool posts to come!

I am missing my family tonight and hating that we are in 4 separate states. So here is a picture of us so that I can smile. :) Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To sum it up in one word: YAY! for the job, coming to the north for some fall (I LOVE fall), and the singing Christmas tree!! That looks SO awesome and tons of fun! Your haircut looks very nice, too ;)

Have a great weekend visiting Michael and friends!

Love,
Karen

P.S. B, E, G, and R luv you!

Jill said...

Your family that's spread over 4 states is missing you too and will even more this weekend when we're all together in GA. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it! I love your haircut...and the picture your talented roommate took!

Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend! I love you lots!