Monday, July 26, 2010

Grilling

I have seriously been the worst blogger ever lately, and it's not really for lack of anything to say. It's more of getting adjusted to this new schedule that I have. I am working between 40 and 45 hours at Chick-fil-A each week, and I have Wednesdays and then of course Sundays off. I never realized how difficult it is to not have two days off in a row until I don't have that. I have no idea what day it is anymore. Time has sort of become a lost concept, and since I work on Saturdays, weekends aren't as exciting either. Don't get me wrong - I still love having two days off a week - it's just weird that they aren't together! The other day I thought it was Tuesday when it was actually Friday. Haha... one thing about this is that time is seriously flying by. I can't believe that this is the last week of July! I only have a little more than a month before I start school, and I can't wait!!! More to come on that soon.

Anyway, some happenings here... Nikki and I decided to stay in our apartment for a host of reasons instead of moving. Since making that decision, we are just sprucing things up a bit here. One thing I did was change my shower curtain in my bathroom to this totally fun and brightly colored one. The rug is hot pink in case you can't tell.

I absolutely love it! I can't look at it and not smile, which is a good thing. I have a few more changes to make, and more pictures will be forthcoming. We're going to move some furniture around and hang up some pictures, so I'll have lots to show you. My parents are actually coming to visit this weekend. They were originally planning to help us move, but now they'll just help us with the changes and then we'll have fun hanging out. Can't wait to see them! They haven't been down here together since Thanksgiving.

Another addition to the apartment was a little electric grill (thanks Pa & Ma!!!). It's the only kind that we are allowed to have, but I LOVE it!!

Isn't it cute?? :) My first thing to cook on it was homemade hamburgers (cheeseburgers). They were delicious!

I was worried that because it was electric, the food wouldn't taste grilled, but I think because it has a lid on it that traps the smoke, that helps it taste grilled. Regardless of how it works, the food is good. I grilled chicken and veggies the other night that were fantastic. I shall become a grilling master. Mmm... :)

Much more to come soon - I will have some posts of the parentals and the changes to the apartment coming, as well as some updates on life and school. I really am enjoying living here in Florida and am excited about all that lies ahead! I shall end this post with a random picture. I took this picture during a Nor'easter my first fall in Boston. I braved the crazy wind and waves and tried not to ruin my camera taking this. I submitted it to a website asking for water pictures just for fun cuz I think it's kinda cool, so I shall leave you with this image of the glorious power of God. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Love the pix as always! Your grill is very nice! I have an indoor grill that I love but it doesn't have a neat stand like yours does. I use it outside on the patio with a little iron table I have out there. Paige loves the food we make on it!

I'm excited for you to be able to go to school. So happy you and Nikki get to stay where you are and just have fun updating it. :)

Paige and I are homeowners again as of June 25th. We bought Ron's house. We've lived here since Sept. 08 so thankfully it did not involve another move to buy!

Lots of hugs....and share some with your sweet mom and dad this weekend from me. We're going to see them next month and are so excited.

Hugs, Glenda