Monday, October 8, 2007

Fenway Park



My mom's birthday is coming up soon, and so we surprised her while she was here with an early birthday present. We took her on a tour of Fenway Park. It was awesome! If anyone is a baseball fan and is ever up here, a Fenway Tour is a must. It's not very expensive, and it was really cool. My favorite part of the tour was going in the pressbox. It was amazing to sit there and see the perspective of the field and imagine all of the writers sitting in there during important games and historical baseball moments. Here are a few pictures from the pressbox. Just FYI, at each seat, they have a nametag with the name of the paper who gets that seat.





We got to go up on the green monster. This is a view from the top of the green monster....


The oldest park in the country has the oldest original seats.....


It was a great day! And we've had a fantastic time with the Mum..... I have to tell her bye when I leave to go to work in the morning, but I'll be heading home to GA pretty soon.... Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

E said...

That was an awesome birthday present Tiff! :) I am sure she really loved it!

I will be home for Christmas and can't wait to see everyone!

Wish I could be at the lil AL Bray wedding. I assume that is what you're going home for?

Have a great week!

Jill said...

I finally got on your blogsite to leave a comment!! I don't think it likes me. I just wanted to thank you both again for a great visit and the special birthday surprise. While we have great fall weather moving in as I type, we still don't have the ocean crashing on rocks which helps as a reminder to me of God's awesomeness and power. I pray I carry those pictures in my head and heart forever. I miss and love you both but will be seeing you soon for Anna Lauren's wedding. Mom