Sunday, October 14, 2007

Passion Comes To Boston

Hello friends! I am sitting in my apartment on this Sunday evening completely exhausted but in the most fabulous way. :-) Passion had a conference this weekend in Boston that Michael and I attended. It was awesome....so much truth about who God is and who we are because of that crammed into 4 sessions in 24 hours....fantastic music, great teaching....to be honest, I'm still kind of on overload! Passion is doing a series of regional events before they kick off a world tour next May. They are coming to Atlanta in April, and I would strongly encourage as many of you to attend as possible. I know it's primarly for college students, but go and volunteer or go as a leader or go with a college student because regardless of age, the reminders that are shared are so important.

Hopefully as I continue to process through everything, there will be more for me to share with you. For now, I thought I'd leave you with what hit me the most due to the journey I have walked through this last year. Louie was speaking at one of the sessions, and he was talking about suffering and tragedy and our response in the midst of pain, and he said something to the effect of "God allows freedom, but within that freedom, He maintains control."

Over these last months, God has shown me again in so many different ways how He feels about me and who I am because of who He is and what He has done. Jesus loves me. A simple phrase and yet so profound. The fact that the God of the universe loves us changes everything. There is nothing more important in this world than Christ. And when we live our lives with that at the center, we can follow God with confidence wherever He leads - through suffering, through joy.....through times of understanding and times of doubt....knowing that nothing can separate us from God, and He will always be enough.

I thank God that He is in control and that life is not dependant on me and what I do or don't do. I thank God that within the freedom He allows, He still maintains control and is painting a story that is grander than anything we can see or begin to imagine. I'm grateful and humbled that He has given me a small part in His story.

May we all live each moment for His glory and His renown.

2 comments:

E said...

You are a great writer! :)

Thanks for sharing, babe!

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts brought to mind a 'reverse' phrase I heard recently. "Jesus knows me, this I love."

He knows you, Tiffany, through the year(s) past and the years ahead! Oh, the comfort and security that comes in that!

Betty Anne