Sunday, March 29, 2009

Anne Marathon

Happy Sunday! Brother arrives home today from his birthday trip to Orlando - I have to leave in a few minutes to go pick him up from the airport. It was nice having the apartment all to myself for a few days for some quiet and relaxation, but it will be good to have him back.

While he was gone, I took advantage of his absence to have a girls weekend, and most of the ladies from my community group gathered for an "Anne of Green Gables" marathon. We watched the first 4 hours on Friday night and the second 4 hours Saturday morning/afternoon. It was SO much fun! I hadn't seen the movies in a couple of years, even though we've tried to do Anne marathons every year. It was awesome to watch them again and a lot of fun to hang out with friends.

As you know, the brother and I share a tiny apartment, and on Friday night, there were 9 of us crammed in to watch Anne. I took a picture because I thought it was hilarious. It's a little blurry, but at least you get the idea!

One of the ladies brought raspberry cordial - she found the official Anne recipe and made it! It was yummy!

So it was a fun weekend, and I'm trying not to stress out about the fact that it is almost over and I'll have to go back to work tomorrow. I could use a couple of weeks of this relaxation! :)

Matthew is coming to visit us on Friday to spend part of his spring break with us. I am SO EXCITED!!!! I can't wait to see brother and show him around some and just hang out. He hasn't been here since we moved up here, so it will be fun. I'll be posting again soon with updates on Orlando, life in general, and sharing about brother's visit. In the meantime, please keep praying for me and my family as we continue to go through changes, deal with large amounts of stress, and try to rest in God's arms and not panic! :) Love you guys!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Love you too! I can't believe you got that many people in the apartment! You & Michael have a great week!

Aunt Janet

Jill said...

I love the picture of the apartment with everyone in it. I didn't see Ellie..... :)

I'm taking just a minute to say hello while I have internet service at the church office. Can anyone say lots of stress? Oh, you already did, didn't you?? Love you!!

Glenda said...

Love you Tiffany!!!!

I've got to have my own Anne marathon one of these days....but it will never be the same without your mom and you!!!!

God bless you with HIS peace,
Glenda

sandino said...

The Anne of Green Gables Marathon

-Three Novels, Two Plays, One Day



On Saturday, July 18th there will be a new marathon held in PEI, although this one involves sitting, not running.

It is the Anne marathon, where Anne enthusiasts can watch both Anne musicals, 6 hours worth, in one day.

Together Anne of Green Gables, The Musical and Anne & Gilbert, the Musical represent stage adaptations of the first three novels in L. M. Montgomery's novels about Anne of Green Gables, following her story right to her marriage to Gilbert Blythe.


Anne theatre enthusiasts will begin their Saturday with an afternoon performance of Anne of Green Gables, The Musical at 2pm. They will then have a roughly three hour break between shows before seeing Anne & Gilbert, The Musical at The Harbourfront Theatre which begins at 7:30pm. By enjoying both plays in one day, Anne enthusiasts will enjoy a 20% by buying the tickets together. Separately the tickets in this package are worth $103.75, the package sells for $83.00 even.


There are only twenty ticket packages available for the Anne Marathon, so theatregoers are advised to act quickly. To order your Anne Marathon tickets, call the Harbourfront Theatre box office at 1 800 708 6505 between noon and 5:30 pm, Monday to Saturdays.

PHOTOS FOR THIS STORY CAN BE DOWNLOADED AT:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anneandgilbert


--

www.AnneAndGilbert.com