Monday, March 23, 2009

An Update

Hi everybody! Happy Monday to you. Did you know that here in the Great White North, the current windchill outside is 12? And we're getting close to April!! Sigh....one day spring will return.

Anyway, I just wanted to put a quick update out there on the blog. I was able to spend the weekend with my parents, and it was a much needed and very helpful break. I was able to relax, catch up on some sleep, get lots of hugs and be snuggled by their cat (who started out as my cat many years ago). The break wasn't long enough, but it helped to bring the anxiety levels way down, and I am hoping and praying that they will stay down.

There is still tons of stuff happening in life, but I know God is bigger than circumstances, and I am hoping my body will now be in a position to follow what my head and heart know. I've never struggled with anxiety in this way before, and it has been quite an experience. I appreciate greatly the encouragement and support from all of you!

I ended up back at the doctor last Thursday because my leg was still swelling some. It appears as though I have either seriously strained or slightly torn my calf muscle. I can feel it when I step or walk a certain way, and there have been times when I could feel the muscle ball up and take forever to relax. I have a cool heating pad thing that you heat up in the microwave, and that is helping. At least it appears to be nothing serious, so that is a stress that has been eliminated.

I'll keep you posted on life and continue updating my blog. There is lots happening and much to share. Counting this week, I only have 13 weeks left of my current job before I'll be moving on to Orlando. Remind me when it's burning hot down there this summer how I felt when the windchill was 12 in March.... :) Have a great week!

1 comment:

Jill said...

The wind is whistling outside our window here in Baltimore, but it's warmer than where you are. I guess I shouldn't tell you the temperature in Orlando this week will be in the mid-80's, huh? :)

So glad the short visit helped your anxiety levels - it helped mine as well! Praying for a great week. You are loved and missed lots!