Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Ramblings

Happy Sunday, y'all! Congrats to all of my Georgia family and friends who are enjoying a fabulous snowfall! Isn't watching snow fall so magical? I will say that while I am sick of the cold and dark and brown and blah, I still adore snow. It hasn't lost any of it's magic for me, and I hope you guys enjoy your snow!

One side note - after living up here, I understand why northerners make fun of the way southerners deal with snow. I found it a little amusing when I went on weather.com earlier this afternoon and saw that Georgia is under a winter storm warning because you might get up to 4 inches of snow. We in the great white north are also under a winter storm warning right now.....for 15-18 inches of snow! :) The worst of our weather is supposed to be tonight and in the morning, and I must say that I am praying I won't have to go into work. I plan to take some pictures tomorrow of this massive nor'easter headed our way, and make sure you guys take pictures too!

Today at church, I helped serve communion. The way we do it here is two people serve together, one holding the bread, and one the cup. If you are holding the bread, when someone gets a piece, you say, "This is Christ's body, broken for you." If you're holding the cup, you say, "This is Christ's blood, shed for you." I must say that I love serving communion. If you ever have the opportunity to do so and you get to say something like this, I encourage you to go for it. Do you know how awesome it is to look into the eyes of each person that comes up to you and say to them that Christ's body was broken and His blood shed for them? It's such a powerful reminder that Christ died for all - no matter the shape, size, level of intelligence, status, past choices, etc. - He died for each of us. He loves us that much. As we were serving communion this morning, big fat snowflakes were falling outside. Though our sins were as scarlet, now they have been washed white as snow. Go look at your snow and keep that mental picture in your head. Our God is good.

I'll put up another post as soon as I have some fantastic snow pictures. Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Yes, I enjoyed playing in the snow! Love to you & Michael.

Aunt Janet

Jill said...

Great reminder of why Jesus told us to keep remembering Him in that way until He comes back.

And I, too, enjoyed the snow and stopped in the madness that was my life today to watch it fall several times. I'll share the pictures soon! Love you and I hope you get to stay home tomorrow!

Allen Skipper said...

I live in extreme se Alabama...we got some good snow too!