Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cakes and Such

It has been awhile since my last blog. I should be fired! But to be honest, there isn't a whole lot to share. Still don't have a job. Still looking for one. I figure you guys only want to read so many times how awesome it is to go to Disney and the pool. But I miss not writing blogs, so I am going to try to write more often! Plus, there are things coming up that will need to be blogged about. For instance, I am leaving on Thursday to go to NH for a long weekend. Steve's brother is getting married, and I get to be his (Steve's!) date. :) This also means that I am meeting his ENTIRE family - parents, grandparents, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. all at the same time. Pray for me! :) I am really looking forward to the trip though and can't wait to see Steve again! In this same trip, I also get to see my brother and my East Gloucester friends, and that will be fun too! I can't wait to see everyone. I'll take pictures and share stories of all of this when I return.

It is definitely frustrating to still not have a job. I have been doing so many different things to find one and keep running into dead ends. But even in the midst of the madness, it has also been a really great time. I have had a lot of down time, and that has allowed me to really look at some stuff and God has been continuing to heal me in so many ways. So it's good. But I'd like to find work soon!

Nikki has been really sick for about a week now, but she is taking a cake decorating class at Michael's. She is working on her very first cake, so I thought I'd document some of her progress. Here is her first cake she has ever baked cooling, and the first batches of icing she made!


And here is my fabulous roommate as she is making icing. Sorry for the blurriness of the picture!

Finally, just for fun, here are 2 pictures of me and Ellie. Ellie has been very needy this weekend, wanting to be patted lots. But she makes me smile everyday, so we'll keep her around! In the first one, she was trying to get away, so it's blurry. It's funny though - looks like she's waving!!


Gotta run for now - I have a Braves game to watch!! More to come soon though. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

do you want me to dress up like the guy in the matrix and accompany you to the event in NH ? I could stand in the back of the church and wear dark glasses and pretend to talk into my wrist.

Jill said...

I love the picture of Ellie waving to us! And poor Nikki with her "I don't feel good" eyes while she bakes a cake. It looks really good!

Lots coming up - have a good week and we'll look forward to updates of all you have ahead! Love you!

Leanne and Mike said...

Hey there! Hope you had a great time in NH. I can't wait to read your update and see some photos. By the way, I love the new look of your blog. Be well!!!