Monday, August 3, 2009

Friends

Happy Monday to all! I should be desperately searching for a job right now, but I am instead taking a break to put up a quick blog. For those of you who are my Facebook friends, you will have probably already seen these pictures, but I wanted to post this anyway.

When I was on staff at West Ridge, I had a co-worker named Tim Grandstaff, who at the time was the children's pastor. He and his wife Tandy just recently moved to Orlando, where they will be planting a church that is going to get started at the first of the year. Nikki and I have gotten to see them a couple of times since we've been here. Tandy is an excellent photographer, who has her own business, and she has been kind enough to let Nikki and I tag along with her on some of her photo shoots so we can learn and continue to improve our own picture taking ability.

On Saturday, we all met in downtown Orlando to take pictures of my friend Jenn and her husband Will, who will be welcoming their first baby into the world in about a month. We had a great time! Here are a few of my favorite shots that I took....



I'm really looking forward to continuing to learn as much as I can about photography and continue to improve in my picture taking. I'm thankful Tandy is willing to share her knowledge with us!

One of the things I have enjoyed most about being down here is having the opportunity after 2 years of living in different states to get to spend time with Nikki again. And I am looking forward to continuing to develop friendships with Will & Jenn and Tim & Tandy as well, plus any other people God brings into my life. While I desperately miss my friends from Gloucester, I am very thankful for those that I have here.

And now, back to searching for a job!! :)

2 comments:

E said...

After much consideration, I am mkaing my blog private. Write me an email at peachintheevergreens@hotmail.com with your email addy if you want to keep reading! :)

Glenda said...

You are such a joy to know, I'm sure the Lord will always fill your life with friends wherever He leads you to live....because YOU are a TRUE friend to those you love! Blessings to you!

Hugs, Glenda