Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Promise Of Life

I love rainbows. I always have. There is something so majestic about them, especially when they are bright and clear and you can see all of the colors. And of course, they always remind me of God's promises. Most of us know the story of Noah's ark, when God flooded the whole earth. At the end of all of it, He put a rainbow in the sky, and this is the promise that He made...

"I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. And it shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud, and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh." Genesis 9:13-15

Now here we are thousands of years later, and God has kept His covenant - He has never again destroyed the entire earth with a flood. God made covenants with His people throughout history, but I love how with this one, there is a visible sign to us of His promise.....a promise of life, of hope...

Since moving to Florida, Nikki and I have seen rainbows almost once a week. They pop out a lot here with the rain showers and sunshine. And each time one has come, it has been so fantastic because it's been at a time when we were struggling with the unknown or not having jobs, and it's like God just gives us a reminder that He's still here. He's not going anywhere, and He's with us, and if we need some proof, well, have a nice big rainbow.

Last night, there was actually a double rainbow. It was awesome. And it stayed in the sky for at least half an hour. We tried to get pictures, but we could not fit the entire rainbow in one picture - it was too wide. So here are a couple of attempts to capture the beauty of what we saw, although it certainly doesn't do it justice. Look closely and see if you can see the double rainbow!


So thanks God for an awesome reminder of Your presence in our lives!

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Love you Tiffany!
Hugs, Glenda

Jill said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing your rainbows with those of us that don't get them very often...and the reminder of God's faithfulness to us! I love and miss you!

Hannah Baldwin said...

I love rainbows too! Sometimes I dont admit that out loud, but they really are one my most favorite and treasured things in this world. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness and people like TIffany!