Monday, June 9, 2008

Hot Monday

Wow, is it ever hot up here! We're having a heat wave too, and it's been in the high 80's and low 90's the past couple of days. We don't have AC up here because you don't normally need it, so trying to sleep at night is an interesting experience. Thankfully, I live in the north and the heat is supposed to break later this week, with temps dropping back in the 70's. For now, we must endure.

Poor Ellie is miserable. It felt pretty decent outside tonight - the heat rises on our 3rd floor apartment, plus the sun sets on our side of the house. So I took her out for a walk on her leash. She got to be in the breeze, eat some grass, and feel important. Here is our adventure...



After being outside, she came and collapsed inside. She is brilliant - she lays where the fans hit her. :)

I got a bunch of painting done yesterday afternoon, and I am ALMOST FINISHED!!!! Everything looks so good, and I love it! It might not get finished until this weekend, unless I am inspired to work on it in the evenings after work. We'll see. I will post pictures when it's all done, and you can also come and visit us to see it in person! Michael is coming home a week from Friday, which will be nice, and it will all be through in time.

I hope that everyone has a most fantastic week. Miss and love you all!

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a great cat! I know she was happy to be outside, but now she'll want to be all the time. :)

Sounds like your heat is going to break before ours does. Hang in there! Can't wait to see the finished paint pictures. You are loved and missed!