Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Pa

I consider myself to be the luckiest girl in the world to have the dad that I have. Perhaps "luckiest" isn't the correct word. Blessed by God is more like it. This has never been more evident to me than in the last 18 months. Despite the circumstances that have occurred, I have never doubted God's love and goodness towards me. I attribute this primarily to the way that I have been loved by my earthly father. Because my daddy has loved me well, it is easier to trust that God is who He says He is, and that He loves me too. This is huge in the healing process, and I am deeply grateful.

I've never been shy about being a "daddy's girl", and on this Father's Day, I want to give a shout out on my blog to my Dad. Pa - THANK YOU! Thank you for being a dad who has shown me in countless ways down through the years that you love me. Thank you for staying married in a culture where that's not the norm. Thank you for working hard to take care of your family. Thank you for letting me know you love me by washing and vacuuming my car. (Side note - it needs it - should I save it for when you visit?? :-P) Thank you for hugging us and loving God and letting us have pets and for loving to make things with your hands and for a thousand other things that make up the fabric of the life of our family. Words alone are not enough, so to keep it simple: I LOVE YOU! And I'm more thankful than ever for the daddy you are. Thank you. Can't wait to see you soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been an honor and a privilage to be your dad. Thanks for honoring me today as well. God has allways been faithful to give us what we need. I love you and look forward to seeing you soon. Dad

E said...

Dads are the best...and you have an awesome Dad! Hamp, you rock!

Uncle John said...

Wonderful entry, Tiffany. I'll give a shout out for your dad too. He's a great person and for me, has always carried and presented himself as the model for a Christian man. He is well respected and highly thought of by all in our household!

Jill said...

And I would like to add my "amen" to all that's been said. God has indeed blessed our family with such a great example of a godly man...and great kids too! :)

Janet said...

Wonderful tribute to the best brother-in-law in the world! I'm so very glad that your children know how truly blessed they are to have such a Godly earth father.
Janet

Betty Anne said...

As a friend looking in, I have loved watching your father love you kids and live life full with you. And to his talents, add that he 'quacks' really good too! My grandchildren can attest to that!