Saturday, June 14, 2008

It Is Finished!

After a hard day of work, the apartment is finally finished being painted!!!! Everything is clean and put away and freshly painted, and I LOVE IT!! While I have enjoyed the process of painting, I am very glad to be done. It's nice to have it finished and to like it, and it's cool how it all pulled together and came out exactly like I pictured it in my head. I'm one of those people who sees things in my head and then I just go about figuring out how to make that picture come to life. It's always nice when it actually turns out how you picture it! :)

Anyway, here are some pictures. The first is the bathroom, with the new shower curtain that helps tie everything together.

This is the study, where I sit and write my blogs. Looking out the window you see in the picture, you can see the ocean during the day and hear the waves from the ocean at night. The study and the bathroom are the same color.

Here's a picture that shows most of the living room and kitchen, looking into the study. The brown curtain is new - I put it up so that when Michael studies at night, he can pull it shut and the light won't blind me as I try to sleep. Unless he's in there at night, we'll keep it open, so the pictures below represent the differences.


For some reason depending on the light and time of day, the kitchen wall color changes colors. It looks a lot more yellow in these pictures than it often looks in real life. :) Anyway, I am really thrilled with how it all goes together. I wanted to keep it pretty neutral, with splashes of color that reflect that we live at the beach. I think that has been achieved. It has helped me bond more with the place and make it feel like it's mine. Paint changes things so much, and I love the personal touches that I got to create. Ellie likes it too - here is a picture of her surrounded by her new favorite color!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors. The apartment looks like you. And I'm glad Ellie loves it.
Jeanne

Jill said...

Yay for being finished! It looks great and I know Michael will love it too. Princess Ellie looks quite content. :)

E said...

Tiff,
The house looks great. What a nice, fresh look it has! Congrats on finishing it! I hate painting!