Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Greetings From Orlando!

Hi everybody! I am safely here in Orlando, and while it's certainly warmer here than it is in Boston, it is quite chilly (cold!) for Florida standards. Before I get to that though, let me show you what I left yesterday in Boston. I still can't believe they let us fly out - thanks for the prayers I would make it out! I heard our flight attendant say she thought we were one of the last flights they let out. This first picture is from inside right before I got on the plane of what it looked like outside.

This next picture is the view from my seat just before we took off. I realize it looks like you can't see anything, but if you look closely, you'll see a line almost in the middle of the picture that separates the white from the gray. That is actually what it looked like from my window. You couldn't see ANYTHING! I have never been that scared to take off, but thankfully we made it just fine.

Back to Orlando. Temps today were about 50 with 25mph winds, so it was quite cool. My mom bought a hooded sweatshirt to get warm, and I got a hat with Mickey on it.


We spent most of today in Epcot, and it was lots of fun!

We rode some great rides, walked around the various countries, ate some yummy food..... Here I am sampling a churro from Mexico!

Here is another picture from the countries - I was testing the British phone booth.

After Epcot, we rode the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom and rode a few rides there. The crowds are very small this time of year, so we never really had to wait much at all. The wait at Space Mountain today was only 5 minutes! It was very cool.

Apparently I have brought the cold weather with me because tonight is supposed to be the coldest night Florida has had this winter. It's supposed to be cold again tomorrow but be in the 60's Friday and the 70's Saturday, so we'll get some nice weather before we head out. I will say it has been awesome to see grass - and flowers! - in February.

We plan to get a good night of sleep and then head out to a couple of parks tomorrow. Nikki arrives tomorrow evening as well, so that will round out our group. I'll keep you updated and post more pictures as I can! Have a splendid evening...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got there safely and are having fun! I thought of you today - I actually got a foot of snow!! We had the weirdest storm last night - it was actually "bands" of snow that were unexpected, and while I got a foot of snow around my house, friends of mine who live 15 min away got nothing! Even my parents, who live 5-10 min away, got 5-6 inches. I talked to them last night and it was snowing like crazy at my house and nothing was happening at theirs. I'll put some pics on FB :) Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

E said...

HAVE A BLAST!

Glenda said...

Have lots of fun!!!! Loved seeing the photos of you and your sweet mom!
Hugs,Glenda