Saturday, June 11, 2011

Greek Greetings!

Hello to all of my fabulous friends and family who are nice enough to read this blog! This has been a very long day, and I feel a little delirious, so pardon any madness that may appear in this entry. :) Also, my fizzilicious professor is sitting next to me while I am typing this blog so who knows how distracted I will be. We are also watching Mamma Mia - it could be bad!!

Anyway, last night we went to a little Irish pub up the road, and it was so cute and quaint. The walk there was beautiful. It's so peaceful and quiet here, and the scenery is gorgeous. For some reason I never imagined that Greece would be as mountainous as it is. I figured the islands would be with the white buildings and blue roofs, but Athens has some mountains too. Here are a few pictures to show some of the scenery.


And here are some pictures from the pub last night. It was a beautiful little retreat kind of in the middle of nowhere.



I think we are going to go back there for dinner one night next week. I'll try to take more pictures then. Be sure and check out Nikki's blog from today because she is putting up lots of pictures of where she has gotten to spend the last 2 days. With being in class, I haven't had the chance to do much or take many pictures. But tomorrow we are going into Athens for the day, and I can't wait! Then Monday we will be on Andros Island all day, so many pictures and stories will be coming your way soon. Until then, I am going to go finish singing along to all the songs in Mamma Mia and then go to sleep. Have a great day!

No comments: