Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In Greece!

Hi everyone! We have made it safely to Greece, and I am typing this blog from the lounge in our dorm. My computer hasn't switched over to this time zone, so as I write this, it is 1:11pm your time. Here it's 8:11pm, and my poor body is trying to figure it all out. We have been up for about 36 hours and are under strict orders to not go to bed until at least 9 to try to get used to the change. Nikki and I are counting down the minutes until we can crash, so if this blog doesn't make much sense, you can blame it on the total lack of sleep.

I have no pictures to share with you right now, but I'll get some taken tomorrow. We left Monday morning (I think that was yesterday) at 8:30am and drove in a bus down to Miami. Then we took an 8 hour flight from Miami to Paris. I got my very first stamp in my passport in Paris!! That was very cool. The plane food was actually pretty good, and we watched the Justin Bieber movie while we flew across the ocean. It helped kill a couple of hours and was actually kind of interesting. :)

I don't have much brain power left to share anything of significance at this time, but I wanted you to know that we were here safely. I think it's going to be an amazing trip, and I can't wait to experience the adventures! For now, I have learned that it's weird to not know the native language of the country you are in, eruo money looks cool, there is an Ikea when you land at the Greece airport, there are some quite pretty men in France and Greece, and they eat lots of yummy food. Hopefully there will be more substantial learnings to share once I get some rest. I'm off to attempt that now. Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Glenda said...

I'm so happy for you to get this time in Greece! Wow!

Hugs,
Glenda

Jill said...

Yay for a safe arrival! I'm guessing your professor will be hoping that you take away far more than your initial knowledge you've acquired so far. Haha!! :) We love you and are praying for restful sleep and lots of grand and glorious adventures!