Sunday, September 9, 2007

Rainy Sunday

Hi everyone! It has been a rainy and stormy weekend here on the North Shore. We've had a couple of wicked storms in the last 24 hours, which have been pretty cool. As I type this, the temperature outside is only 58. Sorry all of you who are still sweltering in the southern heat. :-) The leaves are beginning to change color, and it looks to be a beautiful fall. There will definitely be many pictures posted in the coming weeks of the glorious fall!

I think I have found the church I am going to go to here. It's a church that reminds me of West Ridge in some ways, although all of the churches up here are different than in the south. This church has an orchestra, band and choir, so I am excited about getting plugged in musically somehow. And they also offer the Divorce Care class, which I will be starting a week from tomorrow night. It will run from Sept. 17-Dec. 17th. I am looking forward to taking it. I am so thankful for the healing God has brought to my life over these past months, but I do think this class will be a good thing to take. It will be nice to share the journey with some folks who are experiencing the same things. I will keep everyone posted as it moves along.

Michael started school this past week, and he is excited that he's finally getting plugged in. He's met a lot of people already, and it's been cool for us both to start meeting some folks and finding a niche to get plugged in. Getting back into the land of the living is a good thing!

It is weird though because the more I start moving forward and getting plugged in here, the more I find myself missing you fine folks from home. It will be good to see you all when I am able to visit. In the meantime, all are welcome who want to come see a New England fall!

Hope you all have a fantastic week! Much love to you from the Boston Chick, Brother, and Cat!

3 comments:

E said...

I understand your comment about missing folks from back home. It is hard! :) Hang in there

Glad you found a church and the divorce care. Can't wait to hear/see more of your adventures!

Have a great week!

Janet said...

I'm so glad that you and Michael are both settling into this new chapter of your lives. Good luck to you both & I love ya'll. If you want to send some rain down here!!

Jill said...

I love how God just continues to be faithful in His care of both you and Michael. I think if truth be told, those of us left behind miss you more. :) Save some leaf changes for a couple more weeks until I get there for my visit! Love you and miss you, Mom