Friday, September 14, 2007

Work Fun

Happy Friday to you all! I am so thankful that the weekend is here! I thought on this Friday I would share some work stories with you. Today was the president of the company's birthday. He didn't want us to celebrate his birthday and told everyone not to do anything. Well, for those of you who know me and know my love for birthdays, that was the wrong thing to say. Yesterday after work, my friend Rachael and I stayed and blew up 90 balloons and put them all in his office and hung a bunch from the ceiling. Below are two pictures of a sample of our work. This was later in the day today, and he had pulled a bunch of them out of the ceiling already, but you can get the idea (and can see his extremely messy desk).




I think our boss appreciated the efforts, and we had a good time. I don't think my office really knows what to do with me at this point. I am bringing some wacky southern fun and joy to the interesting north. Gotta mix up those office dynamics here and there! :-) Here is a picture of my desk...



I'm excited about this weekend. If the weather cooperates, Michael and I are going to go into Boston tomorrow afternoon with some of the people he has met at school. On Sunday, I am going to church, and that will be fun. I'll be sure and provide updates later this weekend. To end this blog, I shall put a cute picture of Ellie. Michael had this paper bag that his books came in, and Ellie has been living in it for the last 2 days. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

E said...

Cute pics!

Yes, it would not be normal to not bring southern flares to the north. I have brought them to the northwest. We have had so many teachers have babies and of course, soon after they settle back in at home, I have to prepare a full meal for them and bring it to their house. They don't do that here! :( So, I shall bring it to the northwest...good ole southern hospitality!

Have a great weekend!