Monday, January 14, 2008

White As Snow


Two years ago on this day, I walked down the aisle as a bride, dressed totally in white. It was an awesome day in many respects, but I think the thing that made it the most special for me was truly feeling like a bride. I've grown up in church, always hearing about how as believers we are the "bride of Christ". You can understand the parallel to a certain extent, but when you actually experience it yourself - when you are the bride, walking towards the groom - you gain an even deeper understanding of the privilege it is to be Christ's bride. On my wedding day, my identity in every way - physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually - was as the bride, and the cherished peace I experienced from God that day is something I will never forget. That is why, on what would have been my second anniversary, I can look back without regret and without shame, knowing that while the story wasn't written the way I would have liked, my identity hasn't changed. I am and always will be the bride of Christ....and no matter what might happen while I walk this earth, that will be my identity for eternity.


Two years ago, I was dressed in white. This morning when I got up, the world was dressed in white. God gave me an incredible gift of gorgeous and glorious snow today. I went in to work (northern people are crazy psycho and go to work no matter what!!!), but my drive in to work was awesome. Not many people were out, it was pouring snow, the roads were covered in snow, everything surrounding me was covered in snow. It was a peaceful, quiet drive and one where I felt surrounded by God's love. As I was driving, I was contemplating another phrase I've grown up hearing - "your sins will be white as snow". Again, new meaning is given to those words when you see a world blanketed in snow. I have never seen more beautiful sights than I have these last couple of months with some of these snowfalls.... Seeing everything covered in pure white snow, clean and more beautiful than you can imagine....and knowing that is how God sees me...

So on this day that for me is a moment to stop and remember, I find myself thankful. I am thankful that God loved us so much He sent His Son to die in our place so that our sin might be made as white as snow. I'm thankful that God created snow so that His creation is a visible reminder of His covenant with us. And I'm thankful that because of that provision, I am His bride and always will be - and that nothing on this earth can change that or take it away.

Despite pausing to reflect, I am filled with joyful hope in this moment, and for the moments to come. As the lyrics to a David Crowder song say, "After night comes the light, dawn is here.... It's a new day, everything will change, things will never be the same, we will never be the same..." Thanks be to God, for a new day is here! Have a great week!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have snow to remind of you those things - That's the only downside about the south, no snow, or when we DO get it,it's dirty!

By the way, you look marvelous in your Bridal gown - simply stunning tiffers-

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
I read your blog weekly, and sometimes more often if I am waiting for you to post something new. I never leave comments......I am just not in love with leaving them. But you always make me smile from your blog. Today however, I am crying. You simply radiate who you are! I love you! Thank you for posting TRUTH time and time again. No matter where you are in all you are in, you are an amazing woman who sees His truth in it all!

. said...

Tiffany, I too read each week, if not several times...I am in awe of the wisdom and freedom of your heart.

Jill said...

As beautiful as you looked as an earthly bride two years ago, you are more beautiful today in every way. God certainly knew what He was doing when He led us to name you Tiffany, which means "in God's image". You are truly a reflection of His life and I can't wait to see the rest of the story He is writing for you. We love you! Mom and Dad

E said...

You are an amazing writer! What a wonderful, beautiful post. :)

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, I am in awe of you and your witness. I am starting my day crying over your pain but also out of joy for how you have used this experience to encourage and witness to others. I KNOW how hard this has been for you and your family. As a Mom, I know that when your child hurts you hurt, but I also know that when you know where your child's heart is and that the heart is OK, you can bear the pain of the hurt. I am so proud of you and I love you and thank you for being such an inspirtation to me. I know you still have a long road to travel navigating through the stages of divorce, just remember they are snow covered roads.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
I read your blog several times a week. I am so disappointed that I didn't check it yesterday. Thank you for sharing your innermost thoughts and what you have learned on this journey. You were a beautiful bride two years ago, but I agree with your mother that you are more beautiful today.
I am excited to see what each new day brings to your life. You are awesome and I love you.

Anonymous said...

Once again you describe things in your own unique and wonderful way. The wisdom God has given you continues to amaze, encourage, and often also amuse me. You have truly grown into a beautiful woman who radiates God's peace and heart. Your confidence and growth are a credit to your walk with Him. Sending you cyber hugs and love. Thanks for all the snow pics!
Debbie W

Janet said...

Tiffany, words can't describe how I feel right now. I've questioned God the past two days as to why Mason & Steven are going through nearly the same catastrophic illness with their Uncle Steve that they went through with their father. I got the answer from you! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

you go girl. God is good and His grace is big. You have been faithful on the hard road. 2008 holds His good plan for you.

blessings,

matt

Anonymous said...

I just hope that God does not allow some yankee-man to snag your heart to be his woman and asks you to cook some wall-eyed trout instead of catfish.. next you will be having kids that talk funny and soon after we will be getting a Christmas picture of you and Dudley and the 3 kids with the english wolfhound sitting in the back yard on the bench your dad built wearing matching plaid hats with those built-in ear muffs ..

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany! It's Jamie Grady...this post was so good...I love hearing what God spoke to you! I lived in CO and the snow never ceased to amaze me. And the David Crowder song you quoted is my favorite - it's made me cry on numerous occasions! I'm glad to hear you're doing well!