Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ballparks

Greetings on this beautiful Sunday afternoon in April! It's the perfect day - sun shining, some flowers starting to bloom on trees, a restful afternoon, baseball....a wonderful Sabbath!

I wanted to share our ballpark pictures from our trip last weekend. It was a lot of fun to see new ballparks, and I learned a few things about myself on this trip. First of all, I love old ballparks. The Nationals park was beautiful - of course brand new, with all of the latest amenities, but I didn't actually like it all that much. It was so modern looking, while I prefer the more old fashioned brick parks. The cool part about it is that when you get off the subway stop and exit the station, you are staring into the park, which was neat. Here are some pictures from our time there...




Now onto Camden Yards, which was more like it in terms of the structure of a park. I really liked this park a lot. On the night of the game, it was really cold, hardly any fans were there, and we didn't really care that much about either team. So we ended up leaving after 3 innings. :) But I got pictures and a new park experience, and it was cool. Here are the pictures from that evening.







So there you have it! Michael and I went to Fenway last night to watch the Red Sox, and out of all the parks I have been to so far, that is definitely my favorite. But the tour of ballparks is fun and will continue next month with Yankee Stadium!

Hope you all have a nice restful evening and a great week!

No comments: