Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Brother!

Today is my brother's 28th birthday! Wow, I'm old.... :) But seriously, I wanted to take a moment, in this very public forum, to wish my brother a happy day. I'm sad that the fam is out celebrating and I can't be there to join in. So here is my birthday wish for my "oldest baby brother"....

Brother, happy 28th year to you! I just wanted to take a moment and let you know how proud I am of you and how proud I am to be your sister. Being in a new place for the last almost year, anytime you meet new people, one of the things you talk about is your family - siblings and what life was like growing up. I have been reminded again and again how blessed I was (and am!) to have had the opportunity to grow up in a family with you. I have so many awesome childhood memories, and you are in most of them! I have enjoyed getting to watch you grow from a boy into a man, seeing you define your passions and observing your tender heart. You are a treasure and an awesome creation of God's, and I am honored to be your big sister.

Being on the receiving end of your care and concern for the last 16 months has just served to remind me how awesome it is to have a little brother who protects me like a big brother would. I am thankful for you. Keep seeking God first and let Him be your measuring stick for yourself. Love others well, dream big, and I hope that year 28 is truly your best yet. I love you!
~Midge :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

He is indeed all that you have said and handsome as well. :) Dad and I have been blessed beyond all we could have imagined when we first began our family almost 32 years ago. God is most definitely good!

E said...

Happy birthday Matt! I miss ya!