Saturday, May 31, 2008

Smiley Kitchen

Hi everyone! I am SOOO sorry that I have not posted any further blogs from the time my Mom and I shared together. I apologize greatly. The days after she left have been crazy busy, and I have not had time to sit down and go through pictures and post anything. I do promise to post an update with the beautiful North Shore pictures sometime tomorrow. For now, I thought I'd share with you what I have been up to today.

I am working on getting the apartment painted while Michael is gone in Zimbabwe. Today I tackled the kitchen, and it is now freshly painted, clean, vacuumed, dusted, sorted, etc., and it looks lovely! The color I chose is called "bagel", which seems appropriate for a kitchen. When I put the first paint on the wall today, I totally freaked out because I LOVE IT!!! It's a smiley color, it finally gives me the yellow kitchen I've always wanted, and it goes well with the rest of the paint. Below is a picture of the kitchen area, and then a picture that shows the kitchen with the doorway, living room, and one wall of the study. Everything shown has been painted, so you can get an idea of how it all fits together. I hope Brother likes it when he gets back! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the "Bagel" color!! Isn't painting fun? I've painted most of the rooms in my townhouse... except for my room and bathroom :P I have a yellow room, too! I've always liked yellowish rooms because they are sunny and happy :) Hope you got to relax a little today! Have a good week! ~Karen