Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm Official!

Before I explain my blog title, let me share a bit about our weather here. We are having our first taste of fall - high today of about 73, with lows last night and tonight in the low 50's. We have the windows of our apartment open, and it's so cool that I have on squishy pants, a sweatshirt, and a blanket over my lap as I sit here typing this. :) Gotta love it! Anyone wanna come visit now??

So about being official....Today, on my one year anniversary of working at Curbside, I went to the RMV and got my Massachusetts driver's license. Yep ladies and gentlemen, I am an official "Mass-hole". :) I know that I should have gotten my license here a long time ago because I think when you move somewhere, you're technically supposed to get a new license within 30 days. Oops, missed that deadline. I think some of it was because there seems to be something so permanent and final about changing to a new license, and when I first moved here, I wasn't really ready for that. I am now. And since my car has Mass plates, I thought it would probably be a good idea for my license to match.

I've had a GA driver's license for all of my driving years. I had a moment when they took my GA license today - I felt like I should keep it and frame it or something. It was sort of unreal walking back to my car holding my temporary Massachusetts license (they mail the real one in about a week). It's official, folks. I'm putting down some roots. Not that I can't come back to GA someday if I want, but for now, this is home. This is where God has me, where He is doing a great work. And I love the life He has blessed me with and am excited at all that is in store. And a Mass license? Well, it's just a visual representation of how much has changed in my life in the last almost 2 years. Beauty out of ashes.

When I got back to the office, my coworkers welcomed me by assuring me that I had risen from my status of "illegal alien" to "legal alien". Guess they'll have to find something new to make fun of me for! :) Love you all!

3 comments:

E said...

This is a big thing. It is so hard to let go of something you've known for so long. I just am so happy that you have found a place where you have grown, and feel is where God wants you!

Jill said...

I feel like you already had roots growing deep where God has planted you for now, but this still made me feel a little sad. The ashes blow around sometimes, but there is most definitely beauty coming out of them. We miss and love you both! Mom

Glenda said...

Tiffany - your life is a living testimony of the redemption of God as He continues to bring His beauty out of ashes. I love your honest, transparent heart. Jesus' love shines through you. Paige and I love you...always! In Him,Glenda