Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Happy Half Birthday!

Greetings! Well, for those of you who know me well, you may join with me in celebrating my half birthday today! It is official - I am now 29 1/2. Yes, I still celebrate my half birthdays, and if you don't, you should. :-) I do plan to bake myself some cookies after dinner tonight to celebrate!

In job news....I had 2 interviews today, and I have the 3rd of three interviews at another place on Thursday. So these are good developments! Of the 2 interviews from today, one seems extremely promising and like something I would enjoy. I will keep you all posted, but keep praying for the right doors to open!

After only living here a month, I am discovering that the ocean has very different and distinct personalities. The pictures I shared with you the other day showed it at its most glorious blue. Today, fog has rolled in - which is really cool by the way. You can literally see the fog floating through the air when it happens. It's so thick, you really can't see the water at all. When I saw it this afternoon, I was struck by the beauty, even in the veiled mist. It's a great reminder that in all things - no matter how bleak they appear - there is beauty, and God is found even in the midst of the fog. These pictures don't really do justice to how pretty it looks, but I thought I'd share. Enjoy!




3 comments:

E said...

Glad things are looking up for you with the jobs!

Happy 1/2 birthday! Eat some cookies for me!

Uncle John said...

We've had a nice cloud hanging around the city here too... Unfortunately, it's smog from the 98 degree temps we're having! Not quite the same :)

Good luck with interview Thursday!

Judy said...

Very cool pics! Did you bake half a dozen cookies for your half birthday?