Sunday, August 12, 2007

Philadelphia

Hi everyone! Happy Sunday to you! Michael and I are back safe and sound in Gloucester after traveling to Philadelphia to watch the Braves play the Phillies last night. And HOORAY for a win!!!! We had a blast going there. We rode Amtrak down to Philly yesterday and arrived around 3:30. We made our way over to the ballpark, where we ate in a bar near the stadium to have a real Philly cheesesteak (which was quite fabulous) and watch Tiger play golf. Then, we picked up our tickets and made it in the stadium in time to watch the Braves take batting practice.

The ballpark is absolutely gorgeous - reminded us a lot of Turner Field. Our seats were very high up, but they were still not bad. Phillies fans booed us when they saw our Braves shirts, which was fun. I also had a very drunk Phillie fan tell me he was in love with me and wanted to marry me....I guess it really is the city of brotherly love! Here are some pictures from our adventure.

This is the view from our seats - of downtown Philadelphia, how close we were to the top, and the ballpark...




Here are some pictures from the game...




After a really good night, we caught the 12:15am train home and arrived in Boston at 7:30 this morning. While I'm a little tired, I'm really glad we went. It was great fun, and it's another ballpark off the list!

4 comments:

ashley said...

I'm so jealous! We watched the game in a bar last night among irate philly fans! I'm so glad we won last night! :) I hope you are well. Any job success yet? You might have written a blog about that, but I haven't be on in a while! Later tater

ashley said...

Ha! I just read your last post. Yay for a job!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job! Your mom told me at church this morning! And it's cool that you're getting to see the Braves in your new North Easterly location! I think Chris is probably a little jealous! Have a great last week before work kicks in!
Love, Kelly K

Jill said...

Well, you're 1-1 on road trips. I guess you need to keep going and see which way things swing. The Braves needed you tonight! It's fun to know friends all over the country are checking out the "home team" wherever they can. Ashley, how are you adjusting to the north?
Keep up the adventurous living cuz it's ours for the taking! I love and miss you both. Mom