Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving from the North Shore! We just finished eating our Thanksgiving meal - it was quite yummy, and I'm so excited - it was my first time to prepare a Thanksgiving feast! My cat got in on the fun, and now we are full and sleepy. Here are some pictures from our day...

I made haystacks for dessert and didn't have enough counter space, so they cooled and hardened outside!


Here is our cooked turkey....I must say that when I was washing it and pulling out the inside stuff, I wasn't sure if I would ever eat turkey again! But I got over that while it cooked and enjoyed it. Ellie enjoyed it as well, although she was slightly scared of it once it was on the floor!



Michael and I were without power earlier this week because our landlords had mistakenly not ever paid a power bill, so our electricity got shut off. It made for an interesting several days. You don't realize how dependent we are on things that we take for granted. I was so thankful yesterday when I got home to be able to flip a switch and a light actually turn on. We are blessed indeed.

While I am sad that I can't be home with family on this holiday, I am thankful that I got to share a Thanksgiving feast with my brother. I'm thankful for all of you and wish you and your families the best during the holiday season. And I'm thankful for a God who rescues, restores and heals. From the Boston representatives of the Jones family.... Happy Thanksgiving! God bless us, every one! :)

2 comments:

Uncle John said...

The turkey looks great! Sorry that you and Michael couldn't be at your Georgia home today, but I'm glad you two enjoyed the day at you home in Boston. Happy Thanksgiving!

Uncle John

Jill said...

Yes, "God bless us every one". It was a day of thanksgiving as every day should be, but I must confess to feeling your absence more today than usual. I'm so proud of the great feast you put together and I'm sure Michael enjoyed it as well. Ellie looked like she wasn't sure yet......Enjoy your long weekend break and dad and I will see you in a week! Yay!!! Love you, Mom