Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Miracle Of The Moment

Hello family and friends. Well, what a week this has been. As I type this, I find myself emotionally and physically in need of rest, but spiritually, I am at peace. And that is a miracle of God.

On Wednesday of this week, I received notice that my mother-in-law was in the hospital on life support and unlikely to make it. (And yes, I do realize that in the eyes of the world, she is not my mother-in-law anymore. But some things in life transcend what society says, and I refuse to refer to her as an "ex" or "former".) What followed this announcement were some text messages and ultimately a phone call, where I spoke to my husband for the first time since he left over 8 months ago. Details are not needed, but suffice it to say, it's been a tough week. My mother-in-law passed away on Thursday evening. I know her family would appreciate your prayers as they walk through this journey of grief.

On a random side note....I know that many of you who read this blog are married yourselves. In a society where we're not encouraged to stick things out, when our "happiness" seems more important than commitment and covenant, let me encourage you to stay in your marriages. Pursue Christ passionately and with all of your heart, and then pursue, serve, and love your spouse wholeheartedly. Refuse to give in to the lies that life will be better if you are apart, that you have nothing in common, that you don't "love them anymore". There is a reason God said for us not to separate what He has joined. I have lived through some of those reasons this week, and I pray that you all don't take for granted the treasure that you have been given in your spouse.

As for me personally, I am sad today. I am sad for a family who has lost their wife/mother/grandmother. I am sad that lives have been shattered over poor choices and that some things won't be right until we get to heaven. BUT, I am at peace because I am learning yet again that this moment is a miracle. We can't live in the past - in the "if only's" - and we certainly can't live in the future because we don't know how many hours we have left. All we have is this moment. And this moment is a miracle that we can't miss. And Jesus has promised that He is enough for this moment. I am living proof that His promise is true.

7 comments:

Jill said...

There is no response but "amen". Thank you, God, for your grace and faithfulness to all of us. Mom

Anonymous said...

Good word, Tiffany. Refreshing to see someone with such resolve and clarity, even in the midst of confusing stuff. Proud of you.
-Steve

6 of Four Creations said...

It's amazing that you can encourage others and their marriages as you go though this. What a great example. Thank You.

. said...

Your clarity and strength amaze me!
Elizabeth

E said...

Tiffy,
Amazing post. I am sure this week has been hard for you. Please know that I am praying for you as well as Jeff's family. Take care of yourself, and know YOU ARE LOVED! :)

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
You are an amazing woman! God has given you wisdom that far exceeds your age. Thank you for sharing your life with us and allowing us to be a partner with you on your journey. All my love and prayers,
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffy,
I stand amazed at what God is doing in your life. Thank you for being open to Him and allowing Him to use you during this time. I am so thankful to call you friend.

Please know that we are praying for you and love you lots:)
-Jenny