Thursday, November 29, 2007

Welcome Parents!

Happy Thursday night everyone! It is extremely late and I should be in bed, but instead I find myself blogging. It's been a very long week, but the parents are arriving tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!!! Brother and I can't wait to see them and welcome them back to the Boston area. This will be the first time my dad has been back since they moved us up here, and we are very excited to have the opportunity to show them our lives here. We are actually meeting them in Boston tomorrow afternoon, catching a train to NYC, spending Saturday in NYC, and then catching a 7pm train back to Boston Sat. night so that we can be here for church on Sunday! It promises to be an insanely busy time, but I am really looking forward to seeing them again. I promise to post many pictures and stories soon! Please don't stop reading my blog just because it has been a week since I posted! :)

This has been an interesting week for me. Due to some things we are doing for the Advent services of the church we go to, I had the opportunity to share my story and the path that God has carried me on this last year for the congregation to hear on Sunday. It's always an interesting and humbling time when I go back and kind of tell the whole story and remember back to what has gone on. I am genuinely thankful for the time to reflect on the past because it helps me maintain my sense of wonder at who God is and what He has done. But I am always thankful to look from the past to today because this is the moment that I have, and I plan to enjoy every minute God gives me. For now, that is going to bed and getting some much needed sleep! I shall leave you with a picture of my cat sleeping because she is cute. Have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

Jill said...

We're coming to see you and are so very excited!!! We won't be sleeping much, will we? :) We're thankful for God's story that He's telling through you and are excited we get to be there as it's shared at church on Sunday. God willing, we will see you soon! Can't wait for lots of hugs! Love you, Mom and Dad

Judy said...

Did you parents get out okay or are they still there? Do you have snow today?

E said...

Yeah, parents!